Is the wagon a better quality buy then the cargo?

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Hi Everyone,

I am getting close to a purchase of my first Sprinter.

Just curious about your thoughts on the following:

a lot of the problems I have read are electrical and seem to be a result of the assembly, dissassemby, and then reassemly in SC on the Cargo vans. The Wagons (passenger) however, I believe are untouched from the German factory to US shores. Does this mean these wagons are more reliable, and better quality build in general?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kkanuck

sikwan

06 Tin Can
You are right that any time you assemble, disassemble, and reassemble something, you're going to introduce issues relating to quality. However, I haven't read anything that would say this is true for Sprinters.

I have the passenger version and I still have the rumble strip noise that everyone talks about. I also had to do some minor rear door striker adjustments to silence the squeaks, but that's to be expected with any vehicle assembled by humans.

The only major difference I've read are the rear leaf springs. I believe they are double leaves for the passenger and single for the cargo.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. The passenger side windows do leak oil when it gets warm due to the installation lube that the factory uses.

Top Bottom