How to Install Seat Belts On Rear Bench Seat?

nicksut

I've spent a while looking for intel on this and so far no success. We have a 2007 Interstate (built on a 2006 Sprinter 2500) and for some reason there are no seat belts installed on the rear bench seat. There are some on the side benches, but I'd like to add some to the rear as well. Does anyone have experience with this? It baffles me that they aren't installed already. I gather it can get a bit bouncy back there, but nevertheless, what were they thinking? :crazy:
Thanks for any insight.
Nick

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
What Intel do you need? All the newer Interstate's have three lap belts on the rear lounge bench seat. They are secured through the floor behind the seat with 1/2" bolts and large fender washers, 2" size under the van. The seat frames are also heavy steel, perhaps that is a difference on the older Interstates.

You could stop over at the very active "Sprinter and B-van" forum on Airforums site and discuss with several TN1 Interstate owners who have made lots of mods. Link below:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240/

nicksut

For some reason, the 2007 model we have (INTERSTATE 22 Rear Dinette) only has belts in the dinette seating, which seems generally less safe than forward-facing. I gather it gets a little bouncy back there, and AS would have had to think about how to install neck supports, but still??

Boxster, thanks for the info on what comes standard in later models. If anyone has installed belts in this configuration ASI, I'd appreciate pointers. If not, I'll share what I learn.

Top Bottom