Want 10% Better Fuel Economy...

mgjessop

Well Guy's, I found a little trick...

If you add some 2 stroke synthetic oil to your diesel fuel you will watch your fuel economy shoot up about 10%... I haved added some AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil at 200:1 and I have watched my fuel economy jump to close 10%... The engine run's super smooth and there is no visible smoke... Has any body else tried this stuff in there tank?

Do you use any other additive than the 2 cycle oil? Does it work out for cheaper dosage than Red Line RL 85? I've been happy with RL 85.

I've read about people using 2 cycle oil as an additive for diesel, but they always claimed it was for top end lube and not mpg improvement. Some say to use watercraft outboard TWC-3 formula as it burns cleaner. Is the AMSOIL formulated for watercraft use? Thanks

Well Guy's, I found a little trick...

If you add some 2 stroke synthetic oil to your diesel fuel you will watch your fuel economy shoot up about 10%... I haved added some AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil at 200:1 and I have watched my fuel economy jump to close 10%... The engine run's super smooth and there is no visible smoke... Has any body else tried this stuff in there tank?

mgjessop

I have been using Diesel Kleen from time to time and seen great gains with that product... I filled up with 80% ULSD ans 20% Bio Diesel and the 2 stroke oil at 200:1 Ratio... Saw a instant 10% better fuel economy with that mix... The oil is designed for high performance 2 stroke motors... I have seen close to 15% gain with Diesel Kleen with 4 times the amount they call for... Pretty Pricy at that rate... It cost about $1 per tank to add the oil... I think any 2 stroke oil will give some great gains... Just don't put it in the tank if you have DPF...:bash:

mgjessop

Just another note... By Having the 2 stroke oil in the fuel My Engine Load has dropped to 12... I used to be right around 18-19 at idle... Here is proof that this stuff really work's... If you have a scan guage check you engine load at idle, then add the oil and watch it drop, along with the engine running smoother...

Attachments

Aircraft Wrench

mgjessop,

Yeah I'm off the suject but you posted the pic, tell me about/link me to your back up camera...BTW I did do a tank of 2 stroke oil from The Evil Empire....last winter....I don't know that any difference was noted....

Jimster

mgjessop

I have the HitchCam System... It has a backup camera that can used in reverse or on all the time... It also came with back up sensors that beep at you when you get close to a object... It came with the van when I bought it new... The dealer charged $750 for the setup... I have seen the kit on the internet for around $350... Great system, I couldn't live with out it...

svaric2

interesting, are you also still using the hydrogen generator?

have you ever tried a motor oil/fuel mixture?

and 200:1, is that like half a quart of oil to 26 gallons?

Top Bottom