Renting an ARV in Ohio - Itinerary Ideas?

Keyne

My wife and I are planning on renting an ARV this Summer/Fall (flexible timing) to try before buying. Planning to rent (Candy) from the Ohio location but I am not familiar with the area, so looking for some itinerary ideas. Would like to do some boondocking, hiking if possible, and some on the road driving to try out as much of a representative experience as possible. Rental period would be 4 days.

Not sure how far from the plant you would need to go to camp in a forest, etc. Looks like the Allegheny state forest (Sheffield, PA) could be an option. Upper MI Peninsula seems too far (1K miles round trip).

The location is not as important as giving my wife a feel for the Class B camping (glamping?) experience.

hayduke

2005/2006 leisure travel
Personally I like Canaan Valley,WV which is about 250 miles away

Davydd

If you want to stay mostly in Ohio, want woods and hiking, Hocking Hills State Park might be one of your best bets. It is south of Columbus.

Keyne

Thank you for the quick and informative replies. Still working on the details but that is part of the fun!

Davydd

One popular place visitors to ARV and renters have done is go to Niagara Falls. It is not all that far away.

It seems going directly south to the Amish territory in Ohio has been popular. It is close and is interesting to drive all the back scenic highways. ARV can tell you about the private campgrounds in the area.

The first place I went in Alvar was downtown Cleveland for lunch to test the city driving. That's the Alvar photo on their website gallery. You can also get to and park near the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and visit it.

Cuyahoga Valley National Park is close but there is no RV campground in the park. Still you can notch a national park in your belt and walk or bike the historic tow paths.

Top Bottom