Van Compass "Pita Van" 4x4 Conversion

Desertbound

Old Post resurrection!

I've read and re-read this post many times over the past 3 years... So now that I have built out and traveled all over North America for the past year in my t1n, I'm back, again, re-reading.

Do you still have the Pita van or did it sell to that potential buyer? Was engaging low range ever figured out?

Thanks, really enjoyed our upgraded vancompass rear fox shocks!
Good to hear you are enjoying your rear shocks.

Unfortunately I ended up selling the Pita Van about 2 years ago. I didn't have time to keep refining it and it was a great AWD van so I ended up selling it to one of our customer who did interior build outs. It got painted and sold to the current owner who I've since lost touch with. Not really sure what its current status is. I'll see if I can find a photo of it post pain job.

Low range worked, I just never bothered to get into the software fixes to make it seamless. Johnathon (Midwestdrifter) has since figured out how to make all the electronics happy in lo-range. If I still had it, I would be employing him to make the Pita Van a similar switch panel and can bus hack as he has integrated into his van.

-Rob @ VC

Desertbound

I forgot about all the little changes I had made. Added a slider window on the driver side. Built some roof bars to go in front of the roof rack to hold a 190 watt panel. Also did get started on the interior before I sold it but I don't have any photos of that. I do kinda miss it. Would have been fun to finish it out the way I wanted to as a simple weekender but other vans and designing new parts took precedence.

IMG_7850-2.jpg

Nimpoc

Enginerd in wander
Low range worked, I just never bothered to get into the software fixes to make it seamless. Johnathon (Midwestdrifter) has since figured out how to make all the electronics happy in lo-range. If I still had it, I would be employing him to make the Pita Van a similar switch panel and can bus hack as he has integrated into his van.

-Rob @ VC
Is there any more to this discussion? I’d love to have better tranny and traction control logic. I’ve had the ECU flashed, which help power and throttle mapping, but the shift strategy and diff behavior can be infuriating.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
I am currently working on a manual mode box which allows the driver to lock the transmission into a single gear using the plus or minus tap function with the shifter . As opposed to the current system where you can only limit the top gear with this function.

Most of the traction control features are internal to the ABS module so there isn't much that we can do to mess with them.

Lino

Good to hear you are enjoying your rear shocks.

Unfortunately I ended up selling the Pita Van about 2 years ago. I didn't have time to keep refining it and it was a great AWD van so I ended up selling it to one of our customer who did interior build outs. It got painted and sold to the current owner who I've since lost touch with. Not really sure what its current status is. I'll see if I can find a photo of it post pain job.

-Rob @ VC
Thanks for getting back to me. I've been quite curious what happened to it. Would love coilover front suspension and 4wd/awd. The extra clearance would have come in handy coming down Lippincott Pass in Death Valley and awd would've been nice for all the beaches in Baja and snow/ice in Mammoth. And that dang 'snake snot' in AZ!
MVIMG_20191225_122221 (1)sm.jpg
IMG_20191128_095210.jpg
IMG_20191120_074526.jpg

Rob, if you're ever willing to share the plans for the front subframe, let me know. I know the t1n probably makes up such a tiny part of VanCompass' business so its hard to justify doing anything more with it, but I love the work you guys do. I'm @vanoverland on Instagram, not sure who manages your social media.

Cheers!

Top Bottom