Drafty Slide-Outs ?

MeRob

Anyone have any experience aligning / tightening drafty Schwintek Fleetwood Slide-Outs...? ...or should new seals be considered? Thanks !

MeRob

For what it's worth, The slide seals looked far better after a good cleaning and a lube job.

However, after measuring the extended distance of both the top and bottom of the slide...I found that the bottom of the slide was extending approximately 3/16in (2 slide track notches) further than the top of the slide. Since both lower slide tracks extended the same distance... it was probably assembled this way since new.

pfflyer

For what it's worth, The slide seals looked far better after a good cleaning and a lube job.

However, after measuring the extended distance of both the top and bottom of the slide...I found that the bottom of the slide was extending approximately 3/16in (2 slide track notches) further than the top of the slide. Since both lower slide tracks extended the same distance... it was probably assembled this way since new.
If that was reversed I would say that would allow slope away from van. My Jayco has the same system and will check next week when I have it extended (if I can remember).

MeRob

I contacted the Schwintek Tech Dept... and was told that this condition was not as it should be. And in order to correct this condition, the slide motor would have be disconnected from the track and and then both slide tracks re-set on the motor correctly.

However, I admit that NOT docking the RV with a slight left low and rear low tilt in rainy weather may lead to a leak at the bottom of the slide. And after intense sustained rain, I've had the right side RV wheels sink into the ground just enough to subtily tilt the rig the wrong way. Agh!

MeRob

An Update
It took a while to solve this slide problem...almost 3 years... It turns out that my side slide had been incorrectly installed by Fleetwood.
To their credit... after we identified the problem, both Fleetwood and Schwintek helped fix it.
Good things still happen! Rob

Top Bottom