Aftermarket Window Brand Confusion

boardster

From reading here and elswhere, I had come to the conclusion that only Atwood made windows that fit the new Sprinter looking like OEM and opened with screens.
I also was under the impression that Creation went out of business.
Two weeks ago when I had two windows installed by a convertor well known in the Sprinter world,
I assumed they were Atwoods and never really payed it much attention.
I even wrote somewhere in this group about how noisy my new "Atwoods" were, and how I was working on silencing them with rubber. I also mentioned that they were not a fully evolved design as of yet, do to the poor fit and finish.
Today while fabricating shades, I clearly saw the word "Creation" on the cranks and the windows as well!
I am sorry for any "Atwood " related negative comments I have made, but am also curious:
Was there a problem with these Creation awning style OEM look screened windows, or were they just a victim of the times?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Briefly there was commentary about the windows from an installer less than two weeks ago, as to the fix for rattles and squeak,
However... I can't remember which link it was ..maybe some other members can post the thread link.
Richard.

boardster

Yeah, I read that installer's comments on the Atwoods.
I did the same thing, adding some adhesive rubber stripping being careful not to prevent the original seal from contacting properly.
It was his post that made me think I had Atwoods, since they were brand new and suffered from the same banging (on the sliding door window, but not on the similar one on the opposite side.)

Just curious, was I lucky to get some leftover Creations, or were they a window with known problems??

boardster

As if I wasn't confused enough-

I looked at them again today, and found that the left one says Creation on the crank wheels,
but Atwood on the glass, while the right side sliding window says Creation on the crank wheel as well as the glass.
What's the deal? Did Atwood take Creation's windows and put in their glass? Did they purchase Creations frames?
No big deal, but all four awnings (two windows) open to immensly different degrees. Is that how they are supposed to be?

Top Bottom