Build Time How Long Have You Waited?

pdxhiker

Update: After month and a half of constant follow up, my van finally arrived at the dealership. We will be picking up the van tomorrow.

Timelines:

Germany to California - 4 weeks
California to Oregon - 5 weeks

Mine has probably taken the longest - early May 2017 order 4x4 144” low roof, and a bunch of addeds. It became a 2018 build eventually. It passed through CVP (or CPV or ??) 9/14. Supposedly going through customs in SC now, and will be shipped by rail or truck to CA.

MT170

2018 2500 LWB 4x4
My 2018 2500 170 4WD van arrived at SMB Texas today. It was ordered early June 2017. Now the buildout begins. This will be my second Sportsmobile. The first one is a 1995 Ford Econoline with 250,000 miles on it.

Mine has probably taken the longest - early May 2017 order 4x4 144” low roof, and a bunch of addeds. It became a 2018 build eventually. It passed through CVP (or CPV or ??) 9/14. Supposedly going through customs in SC now, and will be shipped by rail or truck to CA.
FINALLY GOT THE CALL THIS AM...MY VAN ARRIVED AT THE DEALER! Unfortunately, due to driver and commitment issues, I can’t pick it up until next Monday, but after almost 18 months, what’s one week???

drinkwater

FINALLY GOT THE CALL THIS AM...MY VAN ARRIVED AT THE DEALER! Unfortunately, due to driver and commitment issues, I can’t pick it up until next Monday, but after almost 18 months, what’s one week???
So did you eventually pickup, and with no hassles ?

MT170

2018 2500 LWB 4x4
We picked up our 170" 4x4 up in mid January. We then spent a couple of weeks visiting Texas State parks, stopped back at Sportsmobile Texas for a few minor adjustments. They got on the van immediately and completed all of the issues before lunch. You couldn't work with better people. The van is back in Montana and getting ready for more trips.

VanGoSki

I recently decided a 4x4 Sprinter was for me, but dealers are all quoting anything from 14 to 18 months right now. And the used market is almost non-existent, unless you want to pay a fortune. So, imagine my surprise in meeting a Sprinter salesman the other day who said he just had a customer cancel a 4x4 scheduled for an early June build. Turned out to be just what I wanted. 144 Cargo HR 4x4, optioned out almost exactly the way I would have ordered it. I claimed it! Probably won't arrive late August or September, but that's OK. Gives me more time to plan my build.:thumbup:

Top Bottom