Aftermarket Headlight advice...

Trueman2001

Does anyone know if the 2006 freightliner and 2006 dodge headlights are the same? There is a good price on the Freightliner headlights and I cant seem to cross reference if they will fit my grill. Thanks!

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
Does anyone know if the 2006 freightliner and 2006 dodge headlights are the same? There is a good price on the Freightliner headlights and I cant seem to cross reference if they will fit my grill. Thanks!
If u read this whole thread a poster clearly explains that they don't.

Boatman

I've cleaned up my lights a couple times over the years but they just seem to glaze over quicker and worse each time. Finally bit the bullet and bought these, https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-03-06-...Body-Repair-/231132791169?hash=item35d0968181 . They are identical in everyway to the OEM Hellas except they don't have Hella molded into the body. Plug and play,,, no issues with installation. The only thing I can find different is that the adjuster motors are a little louder than the originals.

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Great reference. Just be sure to get the right lights, apparently there is a Freightliner headlight and a Dodge headlight. The Freightliner has a different surround and grille. If I remember correctly the original Mercedes is the same as the Dodge, but double check my work.

-Randy

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
I've cleaned up my lights a couple times over the years but they just seem to glaze over quicker and worse each time. Finally bit the bullet and bought these, https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-03-06-...Body-Repair-/231132791169?hash=item35d0968181 . They are identical in everyway to the OEM Hellas except they don't have Hella molded into the body. Plug and play,,, no issues with installation. The only thing I can find different is that the adjuster motors are a little louder than the originals.
Nice find, good price.

az7000'

2007 Navion on a 2006 3500 chassis
I upgraded my lighting system with Hella Ralleye lights. 100W each.
That is bold in my book trusting that fluid cooler on the front bumper, is that how you roll? That would get destroyed just parking downtown in our small mountain town parallel spaces!

Looks cool though.

ddragon76

I agree, that location is pretty risky but looks cool. Thats why i went with hid projectors for headlight upgrade and set the off road lights on the roof rack and let the bumper free :)
Do you have any pictures of the install? How have you mount projectors in the headlight housing?
Thanks

garage8

I did it 3 years ago but will look at that if i can find
I look thru all the pics on the phone but couldnt find any . I am sorry . I basically took the headlight in a part and installed projectors with some modifications to fit them in to the housing and did the wiring modification for an hid application. I choice to go with drl lights with turn signals so I installed them too . Then put the lights together back. I have been doing this modification since i was a teenage so thar might sound easy to tell :).

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
When will someone come out with a light bar like on the new CyberTruck for above the windshield? That were cool

Last edited:
B

billintomahawk

There are also brighter (but shorter-lived) H7 halogens available.

--dick
So can the system(wiring, fuses, switches and relays) handle the increased load of the larger draw bulbs?

bill in tomahawk

Top Bottom