Agiles sofa bed not moving

icarus

Fuse? Check the manual to see which one. Also look to see if the wire harness hasn't been crimped or pulled from the motor.

Icarus

Aggie

2010 Roadtrek SS Ideal
My SS Ideal is different but I have had problems with plug connections even thought hey are wrapped with tape. Try wiggling all connectors you can find.

Fuse? Check the manual to see which one. Also look to see if the wire harness hasn't been crimped or pulled from the motor.

Icarus
Hi Icarus,

I went through all Agile document. But can't find the fuse. The bed working fine, but without moving the Agile, one moment later, it stopped working.

Thanks,

tinman

I can't speak to the Agile, but on my LT the bed fuse is on the power converter board. I would guess that most converters do something similar.

icarus

Hi Icarus,

I went through all Agile document. But can't find the fuse. The bed working fine, but without moving the Agile, one moment later, it stopped working.

Thanks,
Crawl under the bed, removing the front panel, and have someone run the switch while you wiggle wires. I'm guessing either a bad wire at the motor or at the switch.

Icarus

BobLLL

As I recall, the sofa bed has a separate circuit breaker under the driver seat, as does the power step. They aren't mentioned in the RT manual. Those are auto-reset breakers, but they could fail I suppose. Probably easier to check the wiring as Icarus suggested, or check for 12v at the motor with a tester while someone presses the switch.

At the end I took the Agile to Roadtrek dealer. They disconnected the house battery, waited for few moment, and then reconnected it again. I think it resets the circuit breaker or something else for $60. Sofa bed is moving again.

Thanks for all your input!

2011 Agile

Aggie

2010 Roadtrek SS Ideal
My 2010 Roadtrek SS Ideal is similar to Agile but had rear push out and electric fold bed. About four years ago, after ongoing problems with the electrical connections, one night it refused to work regardless which connection I wiggled so with great difficulty I took the motor, cables, etc off and have used it manually ever since. I had to add a couple of simple straps to help during the fold but otherwise it works well, much quicker than the electric AND I no longer have to wonder if the electric will work tonight !

I believe I still have the removed motor and cables that you could have BUT, they are in storage over 3000 miles from where I currently live.
I presume it is the old fashioned “speedometer” cables (flexible spinning cable inside fixed but flexible cover) that you need ?
I would guess mine are same length as you have but ......

I will be at the storage location at the end of March and can check then.
If you are interested let me know.

Top Bottom