Reinstalling glow plugs

Isla

Having a hard time getting these glow plugs back in my 2003, is this something that's normal to deal with? I measured the new plug with a caliper and it's about .2mm larger but that seems so little i don't know that it could cause that problem. My best guess is to pressurize the cylinder and try and use a gun bore brush or something to get some burnt carbon outta there. What do you guns think? Is there a reamer or anything sold or easy to make?

riskydnb

you could have the wrong year plugs, the 07 and up are a bit longer...or if you werent careful when taking them out of knocking debry into the hole you could half stuff down in there, i wouldnt do any of which you mentioned and if you knocked stuff into the hole your going to have a knocking sound when starting up but dont worry hit the gas and it should burn/shoot out of there and then the knocking will go away. Compare them to the old glow plugs, if they arent the same size theres your problem, btw I sell german made glow plugs for $25 shipped, 760-622-0148 -Randy

Isla

They are the right size, i ended up getting 4 and 5 to thread nicely but the other's won't. I can see carbon build up down in there i believe but am apprehensive about trying to stick something in there to brake any loose

312d

a gun cleaning kit will do it, with copper bristles; i bought one just to clean the " son of a gun sprinter"

Top Bottom