Sprinter DPF issues

LAROZA

Hi there,
Is anybody aware of sprinter vans having DPF issues? Our company fleet currently uses Peugeot Boxer and we have had no issues so far and are considering a Sprinter but have heard of Sprinters DPF clogging because of high gear ratios not allowing the DPF to regenerate?

Thanks in Advance
:idunno:

sailquik

LAROZA,
After 100k miles (161k kilometers) there have been some fleets that had DPF issues, but
it's not because of the gear ratio.
The transmission can easily be downshifted a gear or 2 (depends on your speed) and the RPMs
increased to help with DPF regeneration.
Lot's of idling and slow speed (in the city) delivery driving seem to cause more DPF issues (@ > than the
100K mile emissions warranty) than having too high a gear ratio.
It's all about how the Sprinter is driven.
Lots of slow speeds and lots of idling can cause problems with the OM-642 V6.
The OM-651 I4 seems to be a lot better in this respect, but they have not been on the market in the
USA long enough for any real trends to become apparent.
Hope this helps,
Roger

LAROZA

Hi Roger,
Thanks for the advice, yes our boxer does a lot of stop start city journeys, so we've been using an additive called cataclean, we've had no issues as yet. Does anybody else use anything similar?

Cheers
LAROZA
:bow:

Hi Roger,
Thanks for the advice, yes our boxer does a lot of stop start city journeys, so we've been using an additive called cataclean, we've had no issues as yet. Does anybody else use anything similar?

Cheers
LAROZA
:bow:
How many miles do you put on the Boxers and how often are you putting the Cataclean in?
thanks
Mike

vertigo

2007 NCV3 3500 3.0l
Hi there,
Is anybody aware of sprinter vans having DPF issues? Our company fleet currently uses Peugeot Boxer and we have had no issues so far and are considering a Sprinter but have heard of Sprinters DPF clogging because of high gear ratios not allowing the DPF to regenerate?

Thanks in Advance
:idunno:
Here's a thread I recently started on DPF issues, and my experiment with solving them:

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43237

Top Bottom