I'm a believer

airuke

Just completed a 4000 mile western US trip in my 2006 Sprinter RV conversion. Van has 76000 miles. Before the trip had the fuel filter and oil filter changed. No problems at all with van averaged 22 miles per gallon. Great vehicle really happy with it.

lindenengineering

Well Yes
There are many who believe in this 5 banger van me included!
Great piece of kit and take just a bit or care with it so that it runs at 90-dgc stabilized even in the height of summer.
With good oil in it and TLC and it will run towards one million miles if cared for.

I see you have got a stated 75,000 miles on it.
Once it reaches 100,000 get, or DIY service the cooling system including a coolant flush, core clean, new MB belt, tensioner, pulleys and a viscous fan & clutch
Check and replace the coolant and that all often forgotten coolant level sensor.
This $25 part is responsible for more engine failures than I care to think about and it is so easy to change with no tools required.
Keep the faith and enjoy the van.
Cheers Dennis

surlyoldbill

Also make sure the original resonator has been replaced, or carry a spare, and that the transmission control o-rings are good; to avoid tranny fluid wicking up under the driver seat (use search bar on this forum in T1N write ups).

glasseye

With less than 24 hours notice, two weeks ago Frito and I left southeastern British Columbia on a solo run to Kingston, Ontario. Back home now, just 12 days later, I can vouch for Dennis' maintenance recommendations. He did some of them in CO last spring and I did the rest myself this summer.

These T1Ns are amazing vehicles. We did over 5,000 miles of rough, remote Canadian highways with no issues other than a failed H7 in Sudbury. Frito turned 100k miles on the journey - he's just getting broken in. :thumbup:

Details and pix in a later post.

Paul_E_D

Well Yes
There are many who believe in this 5 banger van me included!
Great piece of kit and take just a bit or care with it so that it runs at 90-dgc stabilized even in the height of summer.
With good oil in it and TLC and it will run towards one million miles if cared for.

I see you have got a stated 75,000 miles on it.
Once it reaches 100,000 get, or DIY service the cooling system including a coolant flush, core clean, new MB belt, tensioner, pulleys and a viscous fan & clutch
Check and replace the coolant and that all often forgotten coolant level sensor.
This $25 part is responsible for more engine failures than I care to think about and it is so easy to change with no tools required.
Keep the faith and enjoy the van.
Cheers Dennis
Hmmm, looks like I have some work to do. My van started running a little hot on really hot days when climbing.

airuke

Thanks for all the good info. Mine would go up slightly over 180 degrees when climbing some pretty steep long grades in the Rockies but the fan would go on and and get it back to 180 degrees once I crested the grade. Watched the temp close never much over 200 degrees and was in 3rd gear in the slow lane often

Top Bottom