Drain Hose

Bacchus51

Whilst working under my 208CDI yesterday I spotted a drain hose vented to atmosphere coming from the back of the cylinder head just above the bell-housing which was dripping diesel. Why is that? Where does that hose go (engine end).
Having problem with 3rd stage of high pressure pump not engaging and reducing power output, could this be related?:idunno:

312d

that hose is a drain for diesel, it suppose to be there, if it is dripping is performing its function, now you have to look under the injectors cover to know why it is dripping, you have an issue there, and it must be related to the third stage pump not engaging, since you have a leak; that is what i suppose to be a safety measure. Adress this issue inmediately.

Bacchus51

Thank you 312d.
I'm guessing the hose is not connected to a specific component but to the valley in the head that contains the injectors and perhaps the injectors are leaking.

Bacchus51

Forgot to mention. I had the injectors removed and de-coked a few months back so probably not connected to high pressure pump problem??? Will look under cover in next few days before I drive it again.

psychoboy

05&06 Dodge Longs & Talls
what does the hose look like? if it's a cloth covered rubber hose, it might be the downstream end of the injector bleeds. That comes out of the injector rail at the back end of the head, then turns towards the driver's side (US drivers, left of the van, right as you are looking at it from the front) and connects to the fuel rail. considering how much bleed most injectors have, I'd figure it would pouring diesel (not just dripping it) but it's still about the only thing I can think of that would have fuel in it back there.

Bacchus51

No, it's not the return hose to the tank. As you said, the diesel will be coming out under pressure in torrents if that were the case.

Bacchus51

Fixed it. No 3 injector fuel rail connector nut was seated on a slight angle, enough to create a small leak.:cheers:

312d

maybe it is ultrasonic cleaning, but to be honest i would not disassemble the injector to clean it, just like it is, fuel intake plugged into the ultrasonic tub

Top Bottom