Sealing lower trim, water in rocker panels

Anjay

I used rubber seal from 80/20 catalog #2115. I found on YouTube by Humble Road guy. It is cheap and you don’t need removing moulding.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
I used rubber seal from 80/20 catalog #2115. I found on YouTube by Humble Road guy. It is cheap and you don’t need removing moulding.
As mentioned previously, that rubber is not UV nor weather resistant. It will not last very long.

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
I can confirm the VS30 clips work great on NCV3. The clip is a bit different snd much easier to install and remove from the door panel. The orings have a good, tight seal on the door. Light taps is all it took to install the panel (with clips in it) back onto the door. Took serious hammering with the old clips.

Attachments

lickwid

Learner
I can confirm the VS30 clips work great on NCV3. The clip is a bit different snd much easier to install and remove from the door panel. The orings have a good, tight seal on the door. Light taps is all it took to install the panel (with clips in it) back onto the door. Took serious hammering with the old clips.
How much did you find it for at your local dealership? I posted somewhere that my local dealership sold it for something ridiculous like $4, and I bought a couple. I ended up buying a bunch of cheaper oem ones. If anyone needs some, just let me know. I have a bunch of spares.

tarheel1

Would folks still advise putting sealant around the newer clips?

What is the preferred sealant Butyl Rubber sealant?

Last edited:

tarheel1

Puddled water in the passenger rear coming out of the inner-most holes, circled in red. Hard to diagnose with the spray foam (previous owner) but my first guess is panel clip leaks?

Do most folks think the leak is probably from the clips or other? Thanks.

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 6.39.17 PM.pngIMG_3957.jpegIMG_3953.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Bottom