Start Error, faulty SKREEM replacement options

Did you replace SKREEM modulefor your 'Start Error' and if so which option did u take

• Total voters
Sweet, well I did get a Kess so we will see what comes out of it, I was thinking on simply getting a mb star c3 to set the immo to off, am I correct in thinking that is something that can be done?

Best

Phil

220817a

Independent & Self Reliant - From Chattanooga TN
Sweet, well I did get a Kess so we will see what comes out of it, I was thinking on simply getting a mb star c3 to set the immo to off, am I correct in thinking that is something that can be done?

Best

Phil
DAS or Xentry can not do such modifications, but if you decide to buy a DAS/Xentry system, buy one with at minimum Star C5. Don't buy any below that. Not woth the money.

marklg

DAS or Xentry can not do such modifications, but if you decide to buy a DAS/Xentry system, buy one with at minimum Star C5. Don't buy any below that. Not woth the money.
Not to get too far off topic, but I understand there are "fake" clone C5s with C4 internals and a case that looks like a C5, and "real" clone C5s that have a copy of the real C5 board inside. Is that correct, and do you have a suggested supplier for the "real" clone C5?

Regards,

Mark

Oh really, okay then. I have ordered skreem emulators too so I`ll see what can be done with that. I`ll still have to use the kess to program the skreem

jrod5150

Not to get too far off topic, but I understand there are "fake" clone C5s with C4 internals and a case that looks like a C5, and "real" clone C5s that have a copy of the real C5 board inside. Is that correct, and do you have a suggested supplier for the "real" clone C5?

Regards,

Mark
I have someone solid with great support if you want to buy one, he’s sold units to a few members here

220817a

Regards,

Mark
I do have a real cloned C5 that I bought years ago from DHGate and I have the C4 also. C4 is a lot slower than C5, especially in connecting to a T1N. The cheapest/safest option at the moment is, a Passthru version of Xentry with a genuine Openport 2.0. The version of Xentry has to be from 2019 and up if want to be able to connect to StartTec for SCN coding. There are also other Passthru devices that can be used such as mangoose, scanmatik and many others, but the cheapest one is openport 2.0.

If you want to have a Xentry system that never can connect to the internet, I think you mentioned that one time, you can use a cloned openport 2.0 that costs less than $50. If you connect to the internet with the cloned openport 2.0 it will simply burn up.

If you want I can provide you with a link where you can download the Passthru version, once installed get the hardware ID and give it to me and I can create a long key activation code for you along with the patch for the key. 2019 Xentry can be installed on Windows 7 64 Ultimate, but 2020 and up only on Windows 10.

jrod5150

I do have a real cloned C5 that I bought years ago from DHGate and I have the C4 also. C4 is a lot slower than C5, especially in connecting to a T1N. The cheapest/safest option at the moment is, a Passthru version of Xentry with a genuine Openport 2.0. The version of Xentry has to be from 2019 and up if want to be able to connect to StartTec for SCN coding. There are also other Passthru devices that can be used such as mangoose, scanmatik and many others, but the cheapest one is openport 2.0.

If you want to have a Xentry system that never can connect to the internet, I think you mentioned that one time, you can use a cloned openport 2.0 that costs less than $50. If you connect to the internet with the cloned openport 2.0 it will simply burn up.

If you want I can provide you with a link where you can download the Passthru version, once installed get the hardware ID and give it to me and I can create a long key activation code for you along with the patch for the key. 2019 Xentry can be installed on Windows 7 64 Ultimate, but 2020 and up only on Windows 10.
I just bought a C6 is it possible to use a genuine open port? My version shows 2020

marklg

You don't have "conversation" enabled. When I decide to get one, I will post in the scanners section asking for the details. I have "conversation" enabled so you can PM me if you want.

Regards,

Mark

220817a

Those versions of Xentry that you can provide still require a physical link to the C5 unit or can they be installed on any computer?
The software itself can be installed on any computer and activated. C5 is the multiplexer that make the communication between the laptop/Xentry and the ECU of the vehicle possible... So yes, a connection to a multiplexer or a j2534 passthru device is needed in order to communicate with the vehicle.

I understand from this that the passthru device replaces the multiplexer, is that correct? What is the difference between using a passthru instead of a multiplexer?

chrisla23

IMMO Delete from SOS. After seeing how fast and easy my wife and I could get things disassembled and removed to send to SOS we realized a knowledgeable thief could bypass the whole thing very rapidly with a modded ECM. Make sure you do the T21 recall first.

CaptnALinTiverton

xT1N Westfalia
Yea that makes sense: delete someone that can solve your problems because others can steal your vehicle! OH and while you are at it, do a recall that can screw up another module. Well it's an opinion anyway.

For others, don't buy anything directly from China unless a reputable dealer in the USA can back it up.

I am a MSEE/CE with over 30 years electronics experience and I don't do things myself that I don't know anything about because I saw it on the internet. SOS Diagnostics has years of experience dealing with these things as adequately explained on the website. Other fixes that illegally alter emissions also keep you locked in. Furthermore most dealers are just parts replacers and cannot synchronize anything.

I guess you can tell who my vote is for. Now if you just tell me how to get this webpage to take my vote, I would be as smart as all you other engineers.

AL

chrisla23

In CA the recall is not optional. It would not pass smog, nor the DMV issue my next sticker without it. I just mentioned it as it may require a flash, which overwrites SOS's programming should they go that route.

-Chris

az7000'

2007 Navion on a 2006 3500 chassis
I’m in az and did the sos delete. I’ve got 49 other states to sell it in…. When I do. Currently in Baja, I’d be ducked!

Top Bottom