factory seat location options

fredaudi

Hello all, I have 2011 crew with the factory rear bench seat. I am wondering if moving the seat to the next rear position is possible? Do the vans have factory bracket mounts for moving the seat? Could I buy the brackets and mount them?I noticed cut out template on the wood floor but I don't know whats underneath. Thank you

jstar89crx

Have you received any feedback on this or did you go for it and see what is under your floor?
I am interested in doing the same thing in a 2015 or 2016 Crew.

WoodfordDog

2015 144 Crew. Removed the existing seat, seat mounts, and wood floor. Measured exactly 858 mm from the first set of holes, drilled very carefully with a step bit ..... there they were, factory nut plates! Measure twice cut once on the wood floor, i was off just a bit and had to pull it out again and trim. Also get yourself a good set of Torx bits for a 3/8 ratchet (you'll need a T50 to pull the cargo mounts to get the floor out). Wife kid and dog like the 2nd position for just hanging out. Good luck!

Attachments

Last edited:

jstar89crx

Woodford,
Fantastic info, thanks! One more thing seeing that you have a child seat installed. On a 2015 crew bench, are there provisions for mounting the child seat in any of the 3 seats on the bench?
Annoying that dealers don't know any of the finer details, makes this place all the more important of a resource!

Onefin

We have a 2014 crew and a 3 year old kid.
The 2015 rear seat should (will) be the same.
The two outboard positions have ISOFIX (LATCH) and all three positions have the rear tether for the top center strap.
Of course, the center position is the safest position for a car seat (especially in a van with no side impact protection) and the sprinter doesn't have the ISOFIX on that seat.
That being said, the access to the ISOFIX loops and the rear tether are the easiest if any vehicle I have ever encountered in the past three years of baby human ownership.
We have used the center position and the one behind the driver, kid likes the center best as she can see straight out the windshield.

WoodfordDog

Happy to help, Onefin covered the child seat. As for the actual measurements, thank Slowly, he did all the work, i just followed his instructions! One thing that increased my confidence of the nuts being there was i rough measured and was able to spot one of the nuts from underneath the van inside the box section of the frame.

Attachments

DeanerVan

Does anybody know if the 858mm measurement is from center of existing hole? Or the edge? I would assume center but Im about to drill.

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
I have a 2017 Sprinter Crew van with the V40 option. On my van all of the possible factory seat locations have threaded fasteners pre-installed, and I have mounted a second factory seat using the "measure back 858 mm" technique.

I have watched various discussions on the V30 forum, and the main takeaway is that the VS30 doesn't follow the same rules as the NCV3. The seat mounting brackets are different and the mount points are different as well. I didn't get a sense for whether the VS30 Crew even has the additional factory fasteners located beneath the floor in all cases, so anyone wanting to do this on a VS30 would be well-advised to review discussions on the VS30 part of the forum before they start drilling. I don't think you will be successful at all just applying the "measure back 858 mm" technique on the VS30.

Top Bottom