Great West Closes Up Shop, Maybe???

SiennaGuy

On the one hand, here's a news story from a nearby CBS TV station. Below is a transcript from the audio. It's more accurate than the one that appears on the web page.
(http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20150626/3022191/Plant-Closes.htm)

"A Winfield, Alabama plant which opened with much fanfare and hope appears to be in trouble.

Sterling RV opened its camper and RV production facility in February, but reports have surfaced that the company is no longer in production. The company promised to bring as many as 100 jobs to the city after relocating. City officials say they understand the shutdown could involve an issue with the bank but have not been given much more information about the plant's future. Calls to the Sterling plant site went unanswered today."

On the other, here's what GW is saying on their Facebook page:
(https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sterling-RV-Inc/1435579206695811)

"There have been some unfounded rumours and 'stories' that have been circulating about Sterling RV Inc. lately. We will be addressing these in the next few days. We have tried to resolve certain issues amicably but ultimately this was not the intent of the other parties involved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused to our customers, rest assured our goal is to be fully operational as soon as possible.

Remember, there are always two sides to every story."

Last edited:

WJ's

We learned of this on July 3rd, made a trip to talk with them as we've had an order since early May (our very 1st RV) and found everything closed up with chains and lock. Very, very troubling since they have a substantial deposit from us!!!! We are fit to be tied cause they are not returning any phone calls and their phones are disconnected. :-( If anyone knows anything, please let us know.

dynels

I've tried calling Alabama plant on two numbers, both disconnected, so maybe they are out of business. Guess I'll try Canada, but meanwhile, does anyone know where we can get GWV decals? The original owner ordered the unit with no decals, and we would like to add a couple.

avanti

2014 GWV Legend 3500 I4
I've tried calling Alabama plant on two numbers, both disconnected, so maybe they are out of business. Guess I'll try Canada, but meanwhile, does anyone know where we can get GWV decals? The original owner ordered the unit with no decals, and we would like to add a couple.
That's going to be tough for awhile, I'm afraid. I'd be glad to take some pictures for you if you'd like to get your own made. Lots of services do that kind of thing.

Loaferingnstyle

Hi. I live in Alabama and ordered from Sterling RV Inc. in Winfield, Alabama. They were closed by State Bank and Trust of Winfield on June 22, 2015. The bank has seized all the property and the bank is in the process of trying to recover their enormous losses. While, yes, there are two sides to every story, the fact remains that there are several customers out there who, like us, gave Sterling RV Inc. (a.k.a. Great West Van Conversions) deposits and now our vans are sitting unfinished in a closed plant. Sterling defaulted on their contracts with us. They completed several vans and sent then out to dealers across the U.S. Those vans are still sitting on the lots. Had they finished ours as promised, they would have had free advertising all around the U.S. for the life of the van. Instead our van was never completed. If your van is at the plant in an unfinished condition, contact Diane Hayden Henderson, Attorney for the bank and explain your situation. (dhaden@centurytel.net) If you placed and order with Sterling RV Inc. and the vehicle had not yet been received at the plant, then you will probably have to see in you can sue them personally.

bakobob

We learned of this on July 3rd, made a trip to talk with them as we've had an order since early May (our very 1st RV) and found everything closed up with chains and lock. Very, very troubling since they have a substantial deposit from us!!!! We are fit to be tied cause they are not returning any phone calls and their phones are disconnected. :-( If anyone knows anything, please let us know.
Have you heard anything more?

Top Bottom