Thoughts on Impex Auto Sales (and remote sales in general)

veggiePNW

'05 2500 158WB
So like probably a lot of people, I'm looking around for an T1N, preferably passenger and 144WB. Found what looks to be a good deal, unfortunately on the other side of the country:

AutoTrader Link

First off, anyone have experience with that dealer? Not sure if they are big there...

Also, anyone else have tips for remote sales? I'm a bit mechanically inclined, but I wouldn't be doing much more than test driving / kicking tires, but would want to get an inspection. You think place would be willing to drive the van to a shop of my naming (for a fee?) to have a 3rd party inspection before I take the time/money to fly out to drive it back?

Appreciate your thoughts..

Erik

obie

'04 long & tall passenger
No experience with Impex, but just as a fyi, that thing has been on there forever. If you're flying across the country, have them send you photos of everything you can think of. Did you notice most of the headrests are torn up pretty good? I'd also want some more info on the rear damage. Dent in left rear and bumper all jacked.

veggiePNW

'05 2500 158WB
No experience with Impex, but just as a fyi, that thing has been on there forever. If you're flying across the country, have them send you photos of everything you can think of. Did you notice most of the headrests are torn up pretty good? I'd also want some more info on the rear damage. Dent in left rear and bumper all jacked.

Thanks for the second set of eyes... of course what you point out seems rather obvious now looking back through the ad. It happened to be the exact model / length / passenger... after seeing countless cargos come and go, got a bit too excited. Figure if it's been there that long, not worth traveling far for...

cheers,
Erik

obie

No problem. I searched long and hard once I figured out what I wanted and what I was willing to pay. I ended up with an '04 long and tall pretty well loaded with barely over 100k for 14,500. Had to fly to south Florida, but was worth it. There's a couple small dealers I'd beware of on autotrader, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. If you find something, feel free to post it up and if I recognize it or the dealer I'll let you know.

obie

:smirk::smirk:
There's a guy on here on his way to look at it as we speak. As a matter of fact, he's probably already there and maybe on his way home with it. If not, hopefully he'll share why.

Top Bottom