mb exterior sun visor

BBlessing

61k happy miles
here are the first pics of my sprinter with the new sun visor. unfortunately i did not get any pics of the install as i was racing against the darkness of night to get it installed. luckily i got it on straight if not a little high according to the pictures in the accessory catalog.

bb

Attachments

BBlessing

61k happy miles
they are in the glove box, very perceptive of you. i am waiting for the protective vinyl for the paint, and the paint is only6 days old. yes i drilled holes in the "a-pillar". yes i was thinking the whole time, "what am i doing". i sealed the screws with rv roof sealant. if i ever decide i don't want the visor, i can have maaco weld up the holes and fix the paint. after all they did a wonderful job of painting the valance for the grill, perfect match.

bb

BBlessing

61k happy miles
i used the stainless sheetmetal screws that came with it. i not only had to predrill the holes, but i had to prethread them with a steel screw also. rivnuts would require too large of hole for the bracket to fit on the "a-pillar".

bb

kmessinger

they are in the glove box, very perceptive of you. i am waiting for the protective vinyl for the paint, -snip

bb
I didn't even notice I don't have the vinyl until reading this post. Wish it had come with the grill. Where did you order yours? I'll have to put something there before I leave for Alaska or I think I will end up scratching the paint with sand, etc.

Regards,

Keith

BBlessing

61k happy miles
my local dodge dealer. they are $1.40 each. i am kinda surprised that the mb grill conversion guys don't offer them as part of the conversion, or even separately.

bb

BBlessing

61k happy miles
strictly for looks. i mounted irt a little higher than the accessory catalog shows it. mostly because of the light and rain sensor. it might help a little when the sun is at that certain angle, but mostly it is just for looks.

bb

Jrmorgan

strictly for looks. i mounted irt a little higher than the accessory catalog shows it. mostly because of the light and rain sensor. it might help a little when the sun is at that certain angle, but mostly it is just for looks.

bb
Oh Fine just rub it in with the Light and Rain senor. Next thing you will tell me you have one of those interior motion detectors so when you enter the back the lights come on automatically....

:censored::censored::censored::censored:

BBlessing

61k happy miles
actually,... i do, but i have yet to figure out how to make that function work.:thinking: but unfortunately the sales guy that wrote up my order, somehow thought i said "no" on the cushion ride seat option. i am sooo mad at him!:bash::bash::bash:

bb

unimog

BB, happened to me too on the suspension seats. Thought for sure that option was there but it came without. Worked on the dealer some and he has now ordered a new van with that option and he will let me swap out the parts to get the suspensions in my van

L

Lopchurng

BB

I am going to be a new Sprinter owner soon...picking up at Sportsmobile Fresno this month. I will do the MB conversion and wanted to know if those vinyl protection stickers for the headlamp washer area have a part number or you just asked for them by description and they were able to find. Also on another thread you showed pics of them. Were they the dealer ones or did you have them made? You mentioned you wanted to make them bigger. Just wondering what you did since then.

Thanks

AlbertaBear

Hi BB

long time since we discussed this, but I picked up my sun visor while I waited for connecting flights @ Heathrow.

But a question arises: you said you placed it higher than suggested so to not interfere with light and rain sensors.

I have them too, will they not work if visor is placed lower?

It's time to put the eyebrows on.

Chandlerazman

Bruce, that looks absolutely gorgeous on the van. Black sets off off nicely.
You will need to update you avatar as I see you also no longer have the ladder rack on :smilewink:

BBlessing

61k happy miles
Hi BB

long time since we discussed this, but I picked up my sun visor while I waited for connecting flights @ Heathrow.

But a question arises: you said you placed it higher than suggested so to not interfere with light and rain sensors.

I have them too, will they not work if visor is placed lower?

It's time to put the eyebrows on.
if you put it too low, the rain sensor will never get wet, thereby negating your intermittent wiper function. there is a sensitivity adjustment in teh vehicle settings on the dash that helps to compensate a little.

bb

Top Bottom