2015 Prism 2150 LE Tank Heaters

PrismGuy

Simple question: Do I have 'em (grey and black holding tank heaters) or not?

Prism customer service says yes and the brochure/spec sheet says yes too.

However I have my doubts:

The 'control panel' has a switch position labled "Tank Heater", but there is no switch there, only a blank filler tab in place of the switch.

I crawled under the chassis to inspect the tanks and see nothing that looks like a heater, only small wires that are likely connected to the level sensors.

Are the heaters hidden somewhere else?

Do I have 'em or not?

chromisdesigns

Simple question: Do I have 'em (grey and black holding tank heaters) or not?

Prism customer service says yes and the brochure/spec sheet says yes too.

However I have my doubts:

The 'control panel' has a switch position labled "Tank Heater", but there is no switch there, only a blank filler tab in place of the switch.

I crawled under the chassis to inspect the tanks and see nothing that looks like a heater, only small wires that are likely connected to the level sensors.

Are the heaters hidden somewhere else?

Do I have 'em or not?
What did they say when you told them there was no switch?

jostalli

I'd say you don't have them. Tank heaters are pretty easy to see as they are usually just small pads attached to the bottom of the tank with visible wires.

RestlessPrism

Just purchased a new Prism 3 Weeks ago. I spent a lot of time with the Western Region Sales Manager at the Portland RV Show, and dug pretty deep before buying. The tank heaters are not standard, and he recommended against them for the West Coast climate. Unless you are keeping ready to roll in severe Winter conditions, better to keep dry. The other part of the cold climate packate is double-pane windows, which adds a bunch of weight to the vehicle, and just turn up the furnace if you are getting too cold.

RestlessPrism

So far we are very pleased with the Prism, especially the general size. Averaging around 16 MPG on the two trips we have taken, including over the Cascade Mountains. I added a 2nd house battery for some degree of extra security when dry-camping. I do wish that Forest River would actually publish an Owner's Manual that actually was relevent to the actual plumbing / electrical / mechanical configuation, but I'm doing OK by asking a lot of questions. We'd make the purchase again in a heartbeat...no buyers remorse here!

PrismGuy

Well, as mentioned above, tank heaters DID NOT come with my 2015 Prism in spite of what the brochure implied. The panel wires (12V switch source and wires to the black and grey tanks) together with the panel opening for the switch however WERE in place.

So I purchased two 12V DC heat pads and an illuminated switch, then connected everything up. Now I have tank heaters that I can switch ON or OFF when needed. This gives me a little piece of mind.

If you want to do this, I suggest you 'ring-out' the wires 1st ... especially to make sure which wires actually are routed to the heat pad positions. I don't think the wire colors are consistent.

Thanks all for your replies. This forum definitely is a $$$'s and a time saver !!:thumbup:

Top Bottom