Sprinter 4x4 Wheels

MTBiker787

Asking here as it seems is where all the good knowledge on wheels and tires is in the forum...

I'm getting my van (4x4 VS30 fully outfitted) soon and its coming with 18-in wheels. I'm moving to 17s (275/70 or 265/70) or 16s (265/75) on Havasus rims 38 offsets.

Question: Is the ride performance trade-off of riding on the highway going from 17s to 16s still worth the move to 16s to have better off road performance/options? Main use of the van will be camping outings with family on any trails that allows us...so riding on the road is mostly a mean to an end...

On tires, going Wildpeaks if 16s or 17s 265s or BFKO2s if going 17s 275s.

ackhack17

"I need a taller tire to to fit the wheel well from a looks perspective" - mtstpipier.

My build took a huge step towards reality today,...and so I dumped the Premium Appearance Package,...but kept: F46 Headlamp Cleaning system, and LG0 Bi-Xenon Headlamps.

Thus,...will be hoping to see how others consider the "looks perspective."

By the way mtstpipier,..that's a sweet looking ride you have there. I ordered the standard roof,...and plan on immediately getting a Sportsmobile penthouse (just my personal preference).
LG0 Bi-Xenon Headlamps. You will find this will be the best or one of the best up grades you will make. Yes its expensive b u will see 4 to 600 yards out on a dark night. It makes a triangle pattern which is great!

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Dang, those look nice! If I didn't have the moto metals I'd be all over them.
those are a myth at this point. Only three sets were ever made for us. MHT is such a shitty company to deal with

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Van compass stage 6 lift with 285/75-17 on York’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6” lift?(!) yikes! Have rollout ladders at each door to get in? Training wheels that deploy on off camber terrain?
Seriously though, Looks dope. just wondering how useable other than going straight over objects, and any mods required on the drive train due to the increase shaft angle?

MotoXPress

6” lift?(!) yikes! Have rollout ladders at each door to get in? Training wheels that deploy on off camber terrain?
Seriously though, Looks dope. just wondering how useable other than going straight over objects, and any mods required on the drive train due to the increase shaft angle?
Stage 6 which is 2" I believe - not 6" lift ;-)

Top Bottom