New Coach House murphy bed model

chromisdesigns

Interesting. I wonder how many times I would stow the murphy bed only to discover I had left the window open behind it...! Now if it folded in half crosswise in the stowed position, to allow use of the window, that would be sweet!

Also, would be nice to add a big folding counter section to the tv cabinet across from or or diagonal to the galley. That, I am sure they could do and it would add a lot to meal prep space. Best way would be to make it fold down from the adjacent bulkhead on the right to be in front of the existing narrow counter top. that way you could stow it against the wall when not in use.

Last edited:

MotorCity57

Interesting. I wonder how many times I would stow the murphy bed only to discover I had left the window open behind it...! Now if it folded in half crosswise in the stowed position, to allow use of the window, that would be sweet!
That's my biggest gripe with murphy bed models - you lose the window when the bed is stowed in the upright position.

Fastpaddler2

Fastpaddler2
There is also the Coach House Arriva V24 TB which has really nice bathroom facilities plus more traditional Sprinter layout.

We don't watch alot of TV but the lounge chairs are tempting! Looks like an interesting option, but I would never give up my Twin Beds which are always available for a nap going down the road! And since we have changed out the mattresses for Tempurpedic mattresses, you sink into the bed rather than bounce!
With a bedroom TV, it's legs up, pillows in back, better than a hotel!
I guess we all have our favorite options! We love ours!
2010/2008 chassis 3500

Fastpaddler2

Fastpaddler2
Chromisdesigns,

Your reference to the Murphy Bed is legitimate in that it obscures the window and, yes, you could leave the window open and then what. I tried to reply to your post but the System did not like it. Merit furniture here makes a Cabinet Bed which folds up and would be ideal for the Unity or Coachhouse and others with the MB system. That way one could see out the window when the bed is up or down. For that reason I am looking at a Unity TB or IB design unit as the Coachmen is US made and the exchange rate is brutal!
AL

pgustaf249

Does anyone know what CH did with the space above the cab? In the other models the TV is up there, but the floorpan on the CH site doesn't indicate what's up there now. From the photo posted it looks like there may be a door on each side of that space. The space directly over the cab seems to have been wasted where more storage could have been.

Last edited:

MotorCity57

On all the other Platinum II (Sprinter) models that space is occupied by the 32" TV. On the MB model the TV is directly across from the bed, so the space above the cab is unused.
I like the higher roof line above the cab - I no longer bump my head moving from the front seats to the house area, like I did in the Airstream Interstate, which had a storage cabinet there. And we find that there is ample storage space in the Platinum II as it is.

pgustaf249

On all the other Platinum II (Sprinter) models that space is occupied by the 32" TV. On the MB model the TV is directly across from the bed, so the space above the cab is unused.
I like the higher roof line above the cab - I no longer bump my head moving from the front seats to the house area, like I did in the Airstream Interstate, which had a storage cabinet there. And we find that there is ample storage space in the Platinum II as it is.
That's good to know. In the other models the TV location prevented anyone from viewing the TV from the reversed cockpit seats. The MB TV location gives a few more options. Now if the other models could somehow get a few more viewing options . . .

chromisdesigns

That's good to know. In the other models the TV location prevented anyone from viewing the TV from the reversed cockpit seats. The MB TV location gives a few more options. Now if the other models could somehow get a few more viewing options . . .
There is a thread on the forum showing how a guy
Mounted a projector on sliding rails to shoot against a pull down screen. He did a nice job and with the compact projectors now available you certainly have the space to do something similar in the Coach House rigs. We are not TV people, but it's what I would do if we were.

MotorCity57

In the other models the TV location prevented anyone from viewing the TV from the reversed cockpit seats. The MB TV location gives a few more options. Now if the other models could somehow get a few more viewing options . . .
I agree. I have the twin bed model, and I cannot view the TV from the cockpit seats. We have to sit at the dinette (one of us sits sideways, back to the window) to watch TV. It's OK for 2 people. I decided not to make a big deal of it because, after all, we don't go on road trips to watch TV! For the same reason, I don't have a satellite dish on the RV.

gal218

I agree. I have the twin bed model, and I cannot view the TV from the cockpit seats. We have to sit at the dinette (one of us sits sideways, back to the window) to watch TV. It's OK for 2 people. I decided not to make a big deal of it because, after all, we don't go on road trips to watch TV! For the same reason, I don't have a satellite dish on the RV.
We almost bought a 2016 241XL DT that happened to be in stock. We were also concerned about the TV situation with the dinette configuration. On the day we were to sign the papers we saw a 241XL with recliners. We immediately decided to have them swap out the dinette for the recliners. We took delivery about 2 weeks later (Nov 2016)...no regrets, we really like it.

Top Bottom