Let's see what trolling crap K-9 SPRINTER is up to (again)...

TomLetsinger

2006 158" DIY toy hauler
This is a forum about a van. It should not be a soapbox for nutcase trolls. I understand the reason for the "danger zone" but really it serves no purpose here. The way I browse, using the "new posts" list, it's impossible to not see all the crap that K-9 and certain others routinely post, the titles at least. Why is this allowed? This forum should be about Sprinters, this other bull**** just puts people off. I for one, would visit more, post more, and make an effort to be a helpful contributor to the forum if the air here wasn't poisoned by all this divisive crap.

GeorgeRa

2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB, Portland OR
I second Tom.

I can only exclude one line only, control key doesn't work for me in this window for multiple lines and going back to the list unchecks previous selection and Hitler shows up again. I guess Sprinters are built in Germany, but, is this the forum for this crap.

George.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I can only exclude one line only, control key doesn't work for me in this window for multiple lines and going back to the list unchecks previous selection and Hitler shows up again.
Just tested it and it works for me, the control key (highlight one) or shift key (highlight group).

Sikwan
Is there also a way to filter what shows up in SprinterBox?
Only way is to close it; top right corner of box.

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
I am wondering how the Ignore List works - may be an answer for some.

Capture.JPG

From the User CP/Members Profile page:

Capture1.JPG

Last edited:

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Is the pot calling the kettle black ?.....AGAIN
Kindly explain to administrator and others...

How does the above alleged action, and/but most importantly one that occurred in the DANGERZONE, equate to your accusations? In other words...please explain what forum protocol was breached?

Next, why with this now/new posting do you feel compelled to infest the main forum(again) with your 'personal issues' or vendettas?

RULE 1: Don't Troll the main forum, and like a coward.
RULE 2: Don't get caught with your pants down.
RULE 3: Know when to hold, and when to fold.

RULE 4: Grow up... take your lumps like a man!

Last edited:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Only way is to close it; top right corner of box.
I added the Off Topic and Comments/Suggestion forums out of the SprinterBox. Posts in these forums...

Off Topic
The Funnies
Danger Zone
Comments/Suggestions

... should not appear in the SprinterBox.

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Although I hate the crap as much as anybody, the filters work fine for me, and I support a reasonable amount of tolerance for those with outlying tastes, as long as they are manifest in the correct venues.

I do have one feature wishlist item for the forum: It would be really, really great to be able to hide particular topics. There are many threads that I know I will never be interested in, and making them go away would be wonderful. It makes NEW POSTS searches far more practical. Some other forum systems have this feature and it is truly great.

I realize that this is a forum-software level request, but perhaps it could be passed along...

Thanks to our intrepid moderator(s) for taking "tone" issues seriously. I know how much work it is.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
It would be really, really great to be able to hide particular topics. There are many threads that I know I will never be interested in, and making them go away would be wonderful. It makes NEW POSTS searches far more practical. Some other forum systems have this feature and it is truly great.
Are you talking about "marking the threads as read?"

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Are you talking about "marking the threads as read?"
No. What I would like is to be able to totally "hide" a thread, so that messages from it (including "new" messages) do not ever appear, either in the Topic List or in a "new messages" search. It would be just like hiding a user, but is "per thread" rather than "per user".

I am pretty sure vBulletin does not have this feature, but it should.

Last edited:

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
No. What I would like is to be able to totally "hide" a thread, so that messages from it (including "new" messages) do not every appear, either in the Topic List or in a "new messages" search. It would be just like hiding a user, but is "per thread" rather than "per user".

I am pretty sure vBulletin does not have this feature, but it should.
Perhaps there is a way to evoke a "UN-subscribe to this thread" button/feature, along the line of the "Subscribe" one shown here:

Screenshot (62).png

I'd be all in favour! :thumbup:

flman

B

boxcar

Heya, Seek. Just discovered this thread. Been a while, glad you remain here now.

.... Heya, Hal. You're acting with authority. You a moderator now? Real question, no trolling.

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
Based on the existence of this and other similar threads, I'm convinced we don't actually have ANY moderators.

B

boxcar

Based on the existence of this and other similar threads, I'm convinced we don't actually have ANY moderators.
.... Am respectfully disagreeing. Seek moderates well, the offending posts (offending to many) are contained within sub-forums here that are easy to ignore &, as aptly pointed out here in this thread, dealt with further if so desired.

.... Am admitting to being one who years ago initially questioned Seek as to why all the disrespect, innuendo, accusations & generally unpleasant, adolescent behaviors were even allowed anywhere here in the first place. He calmly & clearly stated his position & clamps down when the chaos infects elsewhere here other than where it's designated. As a consequence, most every legit Sprinter vehicle sub-forum here remains clean & Seek's wisdom is to be respected, in my estimation, as every other message board one sees out here has this problem of crap postings.

.... But when one may wish to join the fray... maybe your better half just got back from power shopping (you know, when she has an unlimited budget & exceeds it?) & you want to lash out, then the Danger Zone is there for anyone - where one may bash Barry, scream against the religion & politics of your choice, or ten thousand other rants (which I partake in on occasion as well). Helps me to go off while standing on my soapbox as the meds screw what my widdle bwain has remaining as the cancer continues to eat me alive.

.... God bless Seek. God bless OrioN. God bless bladerunner. God bless George Bush The Danger Zone.

That said, am making a motion that this thread be sent to the Danger Zone & a new one troll-free be renewed in its place. Thank you.

Last edited:

Top Bottom