calling all seattle area sprinter owners

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Hey Bruce,

My brain's all over the map.

If you want to organize a monthly meeting, I'll be there most months, if not all of 'em; well, until someone gets upset, forms a secondary Sprinter faction and declares war against the olde guarde. Wait, I'm having a memory cross-contamination. Nevermind.

Autostaretx mentioned Espresso Express, which is easy for me to do. U-Villiage, that's only a mile or so so from 45th and I5.

What do you think?

-Jon

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Should/may invitations be extended to the Yahoo sprintervan group, too?
(based upon a recent "battery" question, at least one other is in Seattle)

-dick
(offline 3-July thru 5-July)

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Should/may invitations be extended to the Yahoo sprintervan group, too?
(based upon a recent "battery" question, at least one other is in Seattle)

-dick
(offline 3-July thru 5-July)
Definitely. The more minds, experienced, newbie or 'tweeners, the better.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
In response to "kmessinger", Larrabee State Park in State Hwy 11, just south of Bellingham, is near the water and very pleasant.

enjoy
--dick

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Hi OrioN, through Vancouver, up to Whistler, on to Jasper.
If you are needing to 'park' overnight in Vancouver, I can show you 'the Spot':shhh: (on English Bay facing the mountains and city)...and perhaps we can have a coffee...assuming we don't meet in Bellingham/Seattle, it be nice to hook up with you guys here...

Last edited:

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
If you are needing to 'park' overnight in Vancouver, I can show you 'the Spot':shhh: (on English Bay facing the mountains and city)...and perhaps we can have a coffee...assuming we don't meet in Bellingham/Seattle, it be nice to hook up with you guys here...
Hi, OrioN. Thanks for the offer. Our situation is that Bellingham is as far as we want to drive that day and then the next day we'll go through Vancouver. At which time it would be nice to meet you if we haven't met the day before (which is still a point in question but not discussed at present?). I think our trip from Bellingham to the Whistler area is not a long one, so we would be able to meet and have some coffee or something.... depending upon what your day is like.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Hi, OrioN. Thanks for the offer. Our situation is that Bellingham is as far as we want to drive that day and then the next day we'll go through Vancouver. At which time it would be nice to meet you if we haven't met the day before (which is still a point in question but not discussed at present?). I think our trip from Bellingham to the Whistler area is not a long one, so we would be able to meet and have some coffee or something.... depending upon what your day is like.
Wednesday Sept 3rd, looks like a typical 'Orion does production work on the internet' day. I may be at a coffee shop or in the van working. Either way, I'm not too far from your route through town, and I can afford the time to meet up. Perhaps, lunch on the Beach?

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Wednesday Sept 3rd, looks like a typical 'Orion does production work on the internet' day. I may be at a coffee shop or in the van working. Either way, I'm not too far from your route through town, and I can afford the time to meet up. Perhaps, lunch on the Beach?
That sounds like a plan, OrioN. Even if nothing happens in Seattle or Bellingham (best for the working guys to get together on a weekend)....... and I guess you are a working guy? production work on the internet? Is that webmastering?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
That sounds like a plan, OrioN. Even if nothing happens in Seattle or Bellingham (best for the working guys to get together on a weekend)....... and I guess you are a working guy? production work on the internet? Is that webmastering?
I do marketing, graphic design and coding for email marketing, plus web design... I wander around the continent with my Internet Satellite dish and wi-fi antenna, or hang out in cafes getting to know the locals...

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
To OrioN and Seattle area Sprinter owners::: Suddenly a wedding we "just have to go to" has popped up in San Francisco for Sept. 6. We will not be in Bellingham, Seattle, or Vancouver in September.

Not to say that this proposed trip won't happen next year and we hope that we can make some contacts when it finally does happen. Be Seeing you.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Thanks for the update, Baywood Bill. I am confident that we'll meet someday and a fine day it'll be.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Bruce and I are thinking of getting together next week, or the following - perhaps a Wednesday - at the Northlake Pizza Tavern.

So for now I'm thinking:

Wednesday, August 13th - 2008

5:30 pm or there abouts

660 N.E. Northlake Way, Seattle, Washington. 98105
PHONE:(206)633-5317

This is near pretty much under I-5, near the Lake Union/Lake Washington boat path on the North side of the water.

Dick, if you're able, I'd love to meet you, see your 2006 Wagon in person and hear some of the stories you've posted in the Yahoo SprinterVan Group in your own voice.

Of course, anyone reading this is also welcome to join us.

-Jon

BBlessing

61k happy miles
the 13th doesn't work for me as i am throwing a birthday dinner party for a good friend. either the 12th or 14th or the wednesday of the following week would be good.

bb

Bruce and I are thinking of getting together next week, or the following - perhaps a Wednesday - at the Northlake Pizza Tavern.

So for now I'm thinking:

Wednesday, August 13th - 2008

5:30 pm or there abouts

660 N.E. Northlake Way, Seattle, Washington. 98105
PHONE:(206)633-5317

This is near pretty much under I-5, near the Lake Union/Lake Washington boat path on the North side of the water.

Dick, if you're able, I'd love to meet you, see your 2006 Wagon in person and hear some of the stories you've posted in the Yahoo SprinterVan Group in your own voice.

Of course, anyone reading this is also welcome to join us.

-Jon

autostaretx

Erratic Member
At the moment, anytime next week is OK, preferably a smidge after 6pm (but you folks can start early).

Northlake Tav is a good idea, or Ivar's barge if folks don't want pizza.

(now i just have to -remember-).

--dick (in a 2005, so it's a year dustier)
((definitely out-of-town on the following week))
((wife says "not Monday the 11th, please" (since she couldn't make it that night)))

Last edited:

Top Bottom