Alarm on Dometic Refrigerator

Dacar

2015.5 Unity TB
that is my hope- still waiting for another part for the awning repair so I want pick up the units for a few weeks. I will let you all know then

Dacar

2015.5 Unity TB
Finally picked up my rig today. The dealer could not replicate the problem but recommended using the "frame heater". See page 18 on the refrigerator manual. I will have to wait to try it. This is different from what I was told they were going to do so I remain skeptical this will solve the problem as I never saw water droplets described in the manual.

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
My refrigerator started beeping every few minutes for a couple of minutes towards the end of our drive today. Made sure door was shut and that it was on the correct power setting but it kept beeping. After we got to our camp site and I finished hooking up I shifted my attention to the fridge. I searched for refrigerator and found this thread, after watching the video, Peter Tourin post #15, and reading the detailed discussion with the video I took the door latch/light switch assembly off the inside of the fridge and disconnected the light. As described there was water condensate all over the switch connection and so I dryed it all out and reinstalled and beeping stopped. It appears that the condensate was shorting out the light switch causing the light on/door ajar alarm. I realized when I was removing the switch assembly that the light was shining incorrectly, it was a dim funny looking light also supporting that a short of some kind was occuring. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread it really helped me solve my beeping fridge problem in about 5 minutes. Love this forum!

Dacar

2015.5 Unity TB
There is a heating element you need to use in high humidity areas. Ran ours for 3 weeks and never heard the beep.

SSTraveler

I have been in Florida and the moisture showed up during our drive from Gulf side to Atlantic side. This is the first time we have experienced this problem. Now that I know about this it will be easy to rectify if it happens again.

JoePhoenix

2016 Unity TB
On my recent trip to Austin I got to experience the dreaded "beeping fridge" syndrome!!! I also noticed a 3"x3" patch of frost/moisture on the front of the refrigerator right where the door latching mechanism is. Has anyone else seen that?

Last edited:

turbopilot

On my recent trip to Austin I got to experience the dreaded "beeping fridge" syndrome!!! I also noticed a 3'x3" patch of frost/moisture on the front of the refrigerator right where the door latching mechanism is. Has anyone else seen that?
Have not had this problem yet but reading through the posts in this thread it suggests there must be an air leak around the latch/light assembly. Find the leak and it should fix the problem.

Dacar

2015.5 Unity TB
It is one of the optional touch buttons inside the fridge. The last one on the right side I think

rdavis

Where is the heating element, or how do you activate it?
Thank you. I've been trying to locate a manual on the unit that is in the newer Unity's. The only manual I've located online the control panel doesn't match the actual unit in the coach. (Mine looks like the one shown in the Unity walk-thru video). The manual I did locate online does mention the use of the "frame heat", but it's control panel is totally different, and I didn't recall such a button on my refrigerator. The coach is stored 30 miles away, so I haven't had a chance to try to check.

messies

2015 Unity TB
We have a 2015.5 Leisure Unity TB. We've been on the road since August 23rd (over 2 months now) and all the sudden last night at 3 am guess what! Beeping starts from the fridge!
The only way we could find a way to get back to sleep was shutting the fridge down. This morning we started research and started with the manual we got with the Liesure Travel Van. Nothing in there seemed to help.
We were about to call Triple E/Leisure and Dometic for help and/or repairs. (Off warranty I'm sure). :(
Here's what our research showed and it worked!
This is an ongoing problem with these fridges. (Humidity) Usually from what we've seen the techs at the shops do NOT know the real problem and simply replace the switch. This is not fixing the problem!
I continued my research to find that the problem is a build up of too much moisture where the wires connect to the inside fridge light. The moisture comes in to that area under the tape where the wires are covered by same. So I simply disconnected my light for now and yeahhhh NO beeps!
Apparently the fix is to take a small amount of silicone and seal the area where the wires come out under the tape which apparently stops the moisture from reaching the connectors at the light. Also remember to blow or wipe dry the wires, their connectors and the light connectors. My wife used a hair dryer.
This all began to make sense to us as yesterday afternoon (9 hours earlier) we had just arrived from inland to the Outer Banks in North Carolina (camped ocean side). It's very damp here right now - Humid!
Remember even if the inside fridge light goes out when the door is closed it may be on by such a small amount that it's barely noticeable which is still enough to set off the sensor and audible alarm (beeps). Good luck and I hope this helps!

Dacar

2015.5 Unity TB
If you use the frame heater you will not not here the beeps. The switch on next to the temp setting.

MWarren

2015.5 Unity CB
We have been in south Texas and Louisiana for 6 weeks and the frig started beeping in the middle of the night. Of course, we are aware of the humidity problems around the frig switch, so wiped as much of moisture off as possible and turned on our Unity AC. The beeping stopped. Had dealer replace the switch when we first bought our 2015.5 but that does not totally solve the problem when camping in humid weather. At least we now know what to do without turning frig off.

mikeme

2015 LTV IB: 2015 3500 V6
I love this thread.

a week in Key west, and the last morning, the fridge chirping started. Wife got dometic on the line and they were worse than no help. had no clue what the blue light is for, why it would flash, or beep, except to indicate a diagnostic failure notification from the control panel.

after we stopped for the day, had a chance to check here. A solution exists!
Pulled the fridge switch cover, wet inside, and light was dim when I inserted finger to simulate closed door. pulled the wire for some sound sleep.

will seal up around the wire when we get home and dry out the switch.

Last edited:

SSTraveler

I too found LTV to be less than helpful or difficult to reach quickly. I always check the forum first for solutions. With so many contributors most occurrences has been discussed and solved here, so always check here first.

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
I can never hear that darned alarm -- certainly not while driving. But my replacement Dometic has been working like a champ, I must say. Just retrieved the RV from KLIPSTR's garage and it took only a few hours on LP to get it ready for food. I let it run overnight to be sure, before sacrificing anything from Safeway.

Gum-Nut

2018 LTV Unity MB
The alarm and blue flashing light on ours was due to the internal fridge light not going out. I verified this by starting a movie on my phone and closing it in the fridge. And that's even with the hook/lock being engaged. Pushing on the door shut them both off.

Top Bottom