• Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor/ Not Recommended

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
1-864-623-9110, Andy Bittenbinder , abittenbinder@yahoo.com

Highly recommended Sprinter Advisor with extensive technical knowledge of T1Ns and
A highly valuable source for problem diagnosis. Inventor of the DARF Rumple Strip Noise cure, and creator of the World Sprinter HQ, formerly near Pittsburg PA, will be relocated in Jan '15 to South Carolina west of Greenville at CLEMSON SC.
Emergency calls sometimes answered/returned if you leave a message with problem fully described and contact info email and full phone number and location.

lindenengineering

In essence the kit consists of a #50 and #55 twist drill.
You can get this from any good tool supplier.
This has to be a "great " from Andy B
Lots of Sprinter owners have benefited from his mod!:thumbup:
Hat's off to him for that!:thumbup:
Dennis

Sneaker663

I know there hasn't been any confirmations in a little while on Andy's status. I recently had my new-to-me T1N checked by Andy Bittenbinder (Doktor A). He is still in Central SC and still answers the phone at (864) 623-9110. He does not really use e-mail or participate in the forum any more.
He is celebrating his 20th year working on Sprinters. He is working out of his well equipped "home shop".
At the moment, due to Covid, he is not welcoming people to work alongside him or stay in their vans.
He continues to take a small, steady stream of work mostly by word-of-mouth, but will also try to help anyone stranded anywhere at any time. The phone number listed goes to voicemail but he checks it several times a day.
He did my "post-purchase" inspection in a few days at a very reasonable cost, did a tremendous amount of maintenance and spent a lot of time with me on what he did, what he found, even discussing date codes he found on old filters to get an idea of prior maintenance.
Highly Recommend.
- Brian

glasseye

I found that the education and companionship I received from The Doktor was just as valuable as the maintenance he did on my van, ten years and 160K miles ago.

In PA, I camped in his driveway, he invited me to supper in his kitchen, and I went for an evening walk around the neighbourhood with his family.

A most delightful individual. And family, for that matter. I sometimes wonder what happened to Luke, his son. We talked a lot about Photoshop.

Last edited:

Csansom001

2003 High Top 158in
I’ve been up to see Andy a few times over the past couple years and agree that he is just an awesome guy. The first time I went up, he spent roughly 6 hours talking through maintenance/performing maintenance items. He taught my how to do a full and proper transmission/TC flush, engine air filter, cabin air filter, rear differential, fuel filter (and how to make my own fuel filter primer tool #03). He talked through the history of sprinters too. I had a blast and learned loads - I did not know much about working on my sprinter prior to my visit. But his visit gave me the knowledge and confidence!

His son Luke was there while we were working on the van. He’s a couple years younger than me but he had recently graduated from Clemson with an engineering degree and had a few job offers out west! Luke and Andy also showed me a race car they built and occasionally take on trips to racing events. Luke was hella chill and seemed like a great dude.

I found that the education and companionship I received from The Doktor was just as valuable as the maintenance he did on my van, ten years and 160K miles ago.

In PA, I camped in his driveway, he invited me to supper in his kitchen, and I went for an evening walk around the neighbourhood with his family.

A most delightful individual. And family, for that matter. I sometimes wonder what happened to Luke, his son. We talked a lot about Photoshop.

Top Bottom