Our new Coach House RV

MotorCity57

Here are some shots of my Coach House Platinum II RV currently on the assembly line in their Nokomis, FL factory. These were taken a couple of weeks ago. This will be a twin bed & dinette configuration with a rear bath, no slideout. The interior shot shows the controlled chaos that marks RV construction. The exterior shots show their hallmark one-piece shell. They're making pretty good progress, by my estimation, although I don't have a completion date yet.

John

Attachments

MotorCity57

Thanks chromisdesigns. We went with the basic paint package, which will look like the first photo below (that was a Sprinter queen bed model at the factory), except we chose a different color - "sunset" - which looks like the second photo. For the interior we picked the maple cabinets.
John

Attachments

gmillerok1

Could you tell me what the unit cost? I am considering one just like it.

Here are some shots of my Coach House Platinum II RV currently on the assembly line in their Nokomis, FL factory. These were taken a couple of weeks ago. This will be a twin bed & dinette configuration with a rear bath, no slideout. The interior shot shows the controlled chaos that marks RV construction. The exterior shots show their hallmark one-piece shell. They're making pretty good progress, by my estimation, although I don't have a completion date yet.

John

Charles Retsruw

If you are going to spend any time in a motor home then owning a Coachhouse is the only way to go. It cost a little more but with the one piece exterior you won't find any other Class B+ that is built as solid as the Coachhouse. Quality build, quality service, equals trouble free travel and comfort.

MotorCity57

It's done! We flew down to Florida and drove our new Coach House Platinum II back to Michigan. Here's a photo after returning to the Frozen North where it was quickly winterized and put into storage. We're very pleased with the RV. Despite its larger size, it runs quieter than the Airstream Interstate that we traded in. We put 1500 miles on it, so I consider that a pretty good maiden voyage. We're looking forward to many more road trips once the weather breaks.

Attachments

chromisdesigns

It's done! We flew down to Florida and drove our new Coach House Platinum II back to Michigan. Here's a photo after returning to the Frozen North where it was quickly winterized and put into storage. We're very pleased with the RV. Despite its larger size, it runs quieter than the Airstream Interstate that we traded in. We put 1500 miles on it, so I consider that a pretty good maiden voyage. We're looking forward to many more road trips once the weather breaks.
Congratulations, hope you love it!

Fastpaddler2

Fastpaddler2

John
I concluded the MB was obscuring the window unless there was a foldup unit I referred to in replying to Chromisdesign...

Al

congrats and that should be a really nice unit. Pics please when delivered. I really like Coachhouse products but US ROE is too brutal for we Canadians.

Fastpaddler2

Fastpaddler2
Thanks chromisdesigns. We went with the basic paint package, which will look like the first photo below (that was a Sprinter queen bed model at the factory), except we chose a different color - "sunset" - which looks like the second photo. For the interior we picked the maple cabinets.
John
Very nice. You mentioned Twin Bed above and now Queen?
Anyway, should be great rig.
AL:thumbup:

Fastpaddler2

Fastpaddler2
Great choice. Congratulations. If only I could get one for the price you paid. I would have to add 20 percent and 12 percent taxes here!!!!
AL

RVNewbie

Hi John,

The wife and I are contemplating purchasing our first ever RV and both of us are very interested in the Platinum II 240 DRT or 241 XL DRT. I realize this thread is over a year old, but would you mind telling me the price you paid for your RV (e.g., discount from MSRP, etc.) and any recommendations as to the "must have" options, particularly since you have had your RV for over a year now. If you have any regrets or thoughts on "do overs," that would also be invaluable.

Sorry to trouble you.

chromisdesigns

Hi John,

The wife and I are contemplating purchasing our first ever RV and both of us are very interested in the Platinum II 240 DRT or 241 XL DRT. I realize this thread is over a year old, but would you mind telling me the price you paid for your RV (e.g., discount from MSRP, etc.) and any recommendations as to the "must have" options, particularly since you have had your RV for over a year now. If you have any regrets or thoughts on "do overs," that would also be invaluable.

Sorry to trouble you.
Get the second battery option. We got a manual awning in place of the power one, and removed the TV sets but kept the tv prewire and antenna. Vent covers so you can leave the roof vents open in bad wearing are a nice option. Decide how much inverter power you need to help size the inverter. We got the smallest one available which was a 600 watt. For more than that we run the lp generator.

I would get the factory solar package as well.

RVNewbie

Hi there chromisdesigns.

It appears that you are the resident "guru" for this forum. Could I PM you to pick your brain so to speak? I have spoken to a Coach House representative (Jason) already to discuss what options to add, etc. We also do not need a TV (and other superfluous things during camping trips) and would like to know if price for those items were deducted.

The wife and I went to Portland (Oregon) RV Fair last weekend and that was the first time we had ever looked at some RVs in person. During the fair, we came to the conclusion that out of all the smaller motorized RVs (based on MB Sprinter chassis), Leisure Travel Van Unity 24TB looked the best. However, a total stranger that we spoke to at the fair told us to look into Coach House Platinum II before making our final decision. That advice led us to this forum. Unfortunately, there are not many (can't find any nearby online) Platinum IIs for sale in the Pacific Northwest for us to look at in person.

Thus, your input would be invaluable during our purchase process. Looks like you have had your van for around three years...any impressions you would like to share?

RVNewbie

Get the second battery option. We got a manual awning in place of the power one, and removed the TV sets but kept the tv prewire and antenna. Vent covers so you can leave the roof vents open in bad wearing are a nice option. Decide how much inverter power you need to help size the inverter. We got the smallest one available which was a 600 watt. For more than that we run the lp generator.

I would get the factory solar package as well.
Hi Chromisdesigns,

When you say "Get the second battery option" do you mean to get four 6 volt batteries instead of standard two 6 volts? With a solar panel option (160W for $1495 extra), wouldn't four batteries be an overkill? (or am I showing my ignorance). 160W with 12V (with loss) is less than 10 Amps (?). Or do the generator (propane or diesel) charge the batteries? (again I may be showing my ignorance) I suppose more batteries are better than less...particularly if shore power is not available.

What is the advantage of the manual awning versus a power one, excluding the price of power awning option at $2960? Less to go wrong I am sure, but how does one extend the manual awning? Even the manual awning is probably not free...how much did you save?

We plan on asking Coach House to remove the TV and blue ray player, but keep all the other peripherals such as wiring, antenna, speakers, etc. I think this is a good idea on your part.

The Platinum II comes with two Fantastic Fans with rain sensors. Are you suggesting to get another type of a fan or another type of a vent cover?

The standard inverter is rated at 1,000 W. Why did you option for 600 W inverter? Aren't higher rated inverters better than a lower rated one? (or am I showing my ignorance again?). If the two 6V batteries are rated at 220 amp hours and assuming 50% usage, 110 amp hours x 12 volts = 1,320 watts...is 1,000 watt inverter enough? As with solar panels and generators...this stuff is confusing.

Other than what you recommended, I plan on adding the following:

(1) Heating Pads for grey and black tanks
(2) Stabilizer Jacks (will increase GVW by approximately 85 lbs.)
(3) Wifi Amplifier
(4) Solar Panel (160W...probably only good as a "trickle charger.")
(5) Auto-starting generator switch (to save our two cats left in our van during our absence).

I am still debating whether nor not to order a diesel generator (weighs 27 lbs. more) in lieu of propane. Any thoughts on this?

Also, still debating on adding a macerator pump. The wife wants it, but I am leaning towards not adding this as an option. Any thoughts on this?

Also, anybody order extra seatbelt sets on these vans...or most of you traveling just as a couple with no additional passengers. Stock Platinum II only comes with two sets of seatbelts.

Also debating on Alcoa aluminum wheels. Are these worth it?

Last edited:

Top Bottom