glow plug module removal 2005

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
It's pretty easy. Remove the grill. Then remove the drivers side headlight. Then you can access the glow plug module. It's right under the battery, screwed into the front wheel well. Disconnect the negative battery cable!!!!! Then you have to unplug two plugs from the glow plug module. Then you can use a 10mm socket to unscrew the positive 12v from the battery and lastly you unscrew the two 10mm nuts that hold the module to the wheel well. All in all, it should take you no longer than an hour, probably closer to half an hour.
While you have the larger of the two plugs off the module, you should check to see if you have any dead glow plugs. Use a multi-meter. Search online or the forum for ways to test the plugs.
Good luck!

ebwhite

Just did this on mine. Purchased the europarts kit for 250 including glow plugs and the module. Has #1 and #2 fault codes and module code. EZ to replace for most part. New module installed nice and supposedly its the one that doesn't fail due to a bad glow plug :)

sepudo

ebwhite, can you let me know where exactly you got your kit from?

I recently got a check engine light come on (although it's off at the moment) and the code from the OBD reader said all 5 glow plugs were faulty...not sure if that means bad module or actual bad plugs.

I just bought my T1N 3 weeks ago.

thanks in advance.

surlyoldbill

I think he means Europarts SD (san diego), we just refer to them on a first-name basis of "europarts".

You can't go wrong with anything they sell, and they have really good pricing too.

Top Bottom