lower idler pulley help

obie

'04 long & tall passenger
rear ac idler pulley(v-belt). Anyone know the number and is it easily found at local places? Can't seem to find anything with quick search.

'04 pass., 158 super high cab

Thanks

obie

I did a search on the part # Linden gave and it shows a serpentine type pulley. I'm looking for the plain v type pulley. Through searching I found part number 116 130 04 60, then looked at the pulley and found the same. Looks just like in the link I provided. Shows up for a buuunch of Mercedes cars. Just wish I could cross it over to something else. Best I could get from searching is 15mm ID, measured 97 OD, 1/2" (13mm)width belt. Can't get bearing width accurately while still on van.
Here's another one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-w1...WARRANTY-/301367048437?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
Guess I'll check Dodge or Freightliner tomorrow.

obie

None I guess, I was just hoping to get it fixed sooner. And I started this post before actually crawling around under the van.

obie

Well, doesn't really matter now. I took that belt off just to verify where the bad bearing sound was coming from and it still made the noise. Guess I need to take the belt loose and see which one is doing it. I should have known it wouldn't be the easy one. Is there any one more prone to going than the others?
I read the thread that discussed the belt length and bigger idler pulleys, and that just has me more confused as to which ones(pulleys and belt) to get? I just want to get it right the first time.

Top Bottom