Bye Bye Coach House :-(

• Thread starter MerlinTheTraderRVer
  • Start date

Davydd

I doubt Advanced RV would or could make the mods you desire. They have done minor modifications for people through their upholstery and cabinetry shops but not in other areas.

HowardB

A bunch of posts back I said that "no one here is going to make your dreams come true". You then requoted me and went off on a long post.

When I said that I was not trying to be sarcastic or rude. This is a you hammering out your details with a willing dealer or builder thang.
So with that said I will still continue reading your conversation you are having with us as long as you are willing to tell the tale. Again since no one here seems to really be an actual manufacturing plant there is little we as a group can do to physically change an existing RV's production.
I believe I also said earlier that a company most likley will not pull a van off a production line and special build it. There are just to many new variable's and production workers are not the most flexible guys in the world.
Yes there are speciality van builders out there and I think you need to quit the common brands of RV's and buy a new Sprinter cut-a- way get your favorite body put on it as a shell then have the interior custom built. I do believe you have stated many times here that money is not an issue. Most of the people here are people whom already own mass produced RV's and do reasonable mods to them. They are mostly out using them and discussing current problems and technical upgrades etc.
Hope this helps you somehow as I know you are on a mission and you might be preaching to the wrong choir. I just don't think anyone has a solution besides what has already been said. Other than that I enjoy your enthusiasm and videos. I also could use 644k some afternoon.
Respectively Howardb

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

You guys are waaaaaaayyyyyy too negative for my taste.

You can't do this, sorry, nope, no, won't do it blah blah blah. :bash::bash:

Don't you know by now that NOTHING CAN STOP ME. It's just a matter of time so yeah....KEEP READING.

Avanced RV does a lot more than you might think Davydd.

Remove propane tanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OiDufshu_Y

Install composting toilets..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOpBFous244

Custom design cabinetry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC0XHWpGPO0

I think that if I arrive with the Aqua2use laundry basket and the UV MAX scuba tank, they will put a few pipes together for me and test this gray water filtration system that I was talking in another thread.

Why be negative all this time? Didn't get any sex lately (as in the last 25 years)?

Merlin

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

I also could use 644k some afternoon.
P.s. It was a 544K (my mistake) trading week btw not an afternoon deal. :smilewink:

262K for the last 2 days. That should pay for every mods don't you think? :laughing:

Merlin

chromisdesigns

I doubt Advanced RV would or could make the mods you desire. They have done minor modifications for people through their upholstery and cabinetry shops but not in other areas.
Agreed. Plus who is going to warranty a Frankenstein-RV? I still think Merlin needs to go to one of the full-custom shops with a suitcase full of cash -- that's the only chance of getting what he wants, IMHO. There are shops that can do it, given enough $$$$ incentives

HowardB

Well there you have it then, all figured out. Glad we could help, please post photos of your finished product.

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

Well there you have it then, all figured out. Glad we could help, please post photos of your finished product.
Not there yet, (my friends are still broke and I have to help them, poor little kids :laughing:) and besides what else will I learn before next Spring!! :idunno:

There is so much to learn like crazy places to go. Have you heard of the Zion Park???

Oh my :bow::bow::bow:

This place is perfect to go fly camping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXKt0qhFN-Y

Merlin

Davydd

You guys are waaaaaaayyyyyy too negative for my taste.

You can't do this, sorry, nope, no, won't do it blah blah blah. :bash::bash:

Don't you know by now that NOTHING CAN STOP ME. It's just a matter of time so yeah....KEEP READING.

Avanced RV does a lot more than you might think Davydd.

Remove propane tanks.

Install composting toilets..

Custom design cabinetry

I think that if I arrive with the Aqua2use laundry basket and the UV MAX scuba tank, they will put a few pipes together for me and test this gray water filtration system that I was talking in another thread.

Why be negative all this time? Didn't get any sex lately (as in the last 25 years)?

Merlin
You are way out of your league when you try to tell me what Advanced RV can and cannot do. After all, I am having a somewhat customized Class B being built by Advanced RV right now and am in nearly daily contact with them on the design. I know intimately their capabilities. I walk the walk, not talk the talk.

BTW, you also are way out of line with your last paragraph.

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

I know intimately their capabilities.
You know what. I was gonna keep this gray water filtration to myself but what the hell, let's see what Advanced RV tells me about this.

Stay tuned folks, I will post what they tell me in my Gray Water Filtration Thread.

Merlin

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
Y'all haven't been posting in the gray/grey water thread.
What is the big arse deal about Warranty. You buy a sprinter and change the radio and put new wheels on it. You worried about the warranty?
You buy what you can. Add the things you want. If it breaks, someone will fix it. Why claim that the lack of warranty is the limiting factor.
I worked in the bleeding edge of technology back in the day. We didn't have a clue what warranty was. We were beta testers.
When stuff on the ragged edge had issues, the manufacturer was glad to know and was always willing to have the defective stuff returned so they could make the next version better.
That grey water thing, though. It could easily be set up in a garage. Run some cycles of showers/laundry. See what it actually does before installing it in an RV.
I remember the time I built myself a digital dashboard display for my 1986 Jeep (brand new). It took the third attempt before I could even get the design small enough to fit in the dash.
But then, I've always had more fun putting the stuff together than actually doing something with the stuff.

obie

'04 long & tall passenger
Well that would take actual doing, and not talking. And I agree, and have been thinking it all along, if money's not really an object, why the worry about any warranty issues?

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

Y'all haven't been posting in the gray/grey water thread.
What is the big arse deal about Warranty.
Good point, I will stop posting in the Coach House thread on this. Besides, they don't even deserve this high tech and futuristic discussion, like LTV they only think in the NOW and don't want to focus on what's around the corner. Their loss, can't wait to see what Mike Neundorfer CEO of Advanced RV will reply to me on this project.

As for the warranties, I don't give a $hit, it's the clowns coming back with this stupid road block and trashing everything I say just for the fun of it. I would say the sky is blue and they would come back here and argue.

So lets go back to the gray water filtration thread here because THIS is where it's happening. No more posts from me here.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36617&page=11

Merlin

mthursby

Webasto heaters are a bit finicky about locatioon and air flow. And they do need periodic cleaning or they stop working.

chromisdesigns

Webasto heaters are a bit finicky about locatioon and air flow. And they do need periodic cleaning or they stop working.
are you sure this is the thread you meant to post to? It's been dead for a while and I don't think it had anything to do with Webasto even then.

Top Bottom