Bye Bye Coach House :-(

• Thread starter MerlinTheTraderRVer
  • Start date

chromisdesigns

Of course it will work on a Sprinter, ALL the Sprinter RV manufacturers have installed a cargo bay EXACTLY at this spot. The question is will it work on CH's Sprinter? Don't forget that I am NOT adding parts here, I am REMOVING some here so logically, if you remove the propane assembly that they put there, the Sprinter RV chassis leaves room for a cargo bay just like LTV did and all the others at this spot and for me I will place the battery tray there but to be honest with you, I couldn't care less about where they will place those extra batteries, as long as they install them.

I'm like Tom Cruise in Days of Thunder. I don't care how you will give me more power, I'm not a mechanic, just give me more power.

So remove that propane assembly and then we will install that same tray you installed this morning on a Ford but somewhere in that Sprinter's under belly.

Again the REAL question is whether Steve will jump in here or not. I know after talking to many manufacturers that this solar wave will get bigger and bigger as time goes by and CH just like the others won't have the luxury to avoid it so they could use us to gain expertise on this solar conversion or do it to the hard way in 5-10 years and risk doing it wrong.

For Steve this is NOT an RV Conversion here, it's a Corporate Direction Decision. Roadtrek took it, Advanced RV took it, LTV will take it in 5 years according to Dean and maybe tomorrow Steve will take it. If they don't, I will simply ask them to NOT install the propane and then go to Advanced RV for this job but CH will have missed an opportunity to use us as guinea pigs to try a few things here and get paid for it on top of that. :laughing:

Merlin
Lotsa luck with the franken-sprinter approach. Who yo gonna call for warranty support if you do it that way?

Be sure to post a build thread if you ever get someone to do it -- should be most entertaining!

I sure hope Steve reads the forums here...maybe I should give him a heads up?

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

I sure hope Steve reads the forums here...maybe I should give him a heads up?
I will post what he decides tomorrow.

No big deal if he doesn't, I will go with LTV. I will be stuck with a small dinette but if that's the price to pay to avoid all this nightmare then so be it.

Merlin

MotorCity57

Merlin,
I don't doubt that Coach House is capable of doing what you want. I think the question becomes "at what cost?". Converting the present propane tank space into a cargo bay for the batteries requires engineering effort, and probably creates the need for new molds for the fiberglass cargo bay and door. And they have to build it strong enough for multiple batteries. This could get expensive.
Personally, I hope they agree to your mods.

John

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

Converting the present propane tank space into a cargo bay for the batteries requires engineering effort, and probably creates the need for new molds for the fiberglass cargo bay and door.
Maybe, maybe not, who knows, they might have those cargo bay compartments in store already form another model that could be bolted on the chassis once the propane assembly is removed. Maybe I will have to order this cargo bay from LTV and have it shipped to CH.

I think people here are trying their best to destroy by RV project by imagining all kinds of things that will fail but hehe, if you don't know me by mpw, let me tell you that I will NEVER give it up even if I have to move my RV to 5-10 different RV companies, I will.

Maybe I will start it with a CH 240 or a LTV Unity but it will start and maybe it will take me 2-3 different RVs and start with an incomplete RV and wait for the next generation to get it. Either way I'm fine with it.

I already know that I will have to change RV soon because my Quest #1 is what I call my "Residential RV" where the RV house runs on solar so that I don't need propane but my Quest #2 will be to use solar on the engine batteries so that I don't need diesel or very little when MB comes in with their Sprinter E-Cell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvk6oTnWPm4

Merlin

Last edited:

HowardB

So how handy are you? Or are you the tyle that thinks up different designs but cant build them?
I find the easiest way to get what I want and be 100% happy is to dream it then build it. Then it comes out perfect in my opinion. Not everyone has access to an awesome shop like many of us have. I have metal and wood lathes, mig & tig welder, a complete wood shop, bandsaw, chop saw, drill press, jointer planer, a shaper, and a whole lot more. So if I dream it I build it. I was always aggravated with other guys work, and I grew up with a metal shop and wood shop as a playground. Power tools we my toys as this was pre cable TV, pre internet, pre everything. We got up in the morning an did not set foot back into the house until 6pm for supper. As a kid If I wanted a go kart or mini bike it was never to bought it was to be built.
Sounds like if you could get the basic body you were looking for you could just switch and customize to your hearts content. Ending the fustration with prople saying no all the time.

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

So how handy are you? Or are you the tyle that thinks up different designs but cant build them?

As a kid If I wanted a go kart or mini bike it was never to bought it was to be built.
You must be kidding right?

You want me to build an LTV Unity type RV in my garage? Are you out of your freakin mind. :crazy:

This is a Class B RV, it's not even a B+ like the Unity or 240 model from Coach House and they took 9 days an army of guys with 15+ years of experience and tons of materials to choose from, to be able to build it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvFihu4TlcM

Even if I had all this knowledge, the LAST thing I would do is waste 5 years on this.

Merlin

HowardB

Uggg... Im saying, get a RV as close as you can get it the do all the special mods yourself. If you want batrerys in the propane trays then do the mod yourself. Tweak an RV that is almost there and make it into your dream boat.

Me thinks that you are one of these guys who will create sceinaros that nobody will touch so that you can fight to get your way, and if and when you do, you will look at the guy and say forget it. Just a feeling I have, I think this thread is a good example of that, while you wait for the factorys to respond.

Nobody here is going to make your dream come true, its either a outfitter who will bite and decide to dance with you or not. I think you like to pose situations that you already know the answers to just to challenge the responses and then attempt to prove them wrong. Anything can be done. Get an RV and get someone to chane it for you. Whats the big deal?

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

Nobody here is going to make your dream come true
I NEVER asked for your help here, nor anybody else.

I came here thinking that most of you here who are looking for a modern day chassis for their RV (MB Sprinter) would be like me, thinking of pushing the RV manufacturers to upgrade to more modern technologies instead of having RVs that look A LOT like they were back in the 60s with propane and small cramped sections and would not only help put a little pressure on the Sprinter RV manufacturers but also help me find the needles in that RV haystack to find all the parts and companies that could help (ex: Advanced RV) to modernize the RV (ex: solar) in case the manufacturers don't wake up or listen.

Today, thanks to very good engineering, we can create 25 footer RVs that can contain ALL the BIG 4 sections that we see in the big Class As but it's still not enough. Before somebody told me about the Coach House RVs (240 and 241) I thought that their was no RV manufacturers that would have decided to go the 26 ft route and stretch the Sprinter just an extra foot to stretch that tiny dining room that we have in the Unity 24 models to make it almost the perfect RV for me.

I even created a thread where I took in my photoshop design software the rear half of the Unity 24IB floor plan and the front half of the Unity 24CB and made a 26 ft RV floor plan that would be almost perfect and a few weeks later someone told me that this was already done by a company called Coach House.

Now THIS is why I came here. To discover what is hidden on the web and Youtube because Coach House do NOT do a very good marketing strategy, all we see on the web, Youtube and forums are LTV RVs while CH deserves to be as equally popular ir not more because I believe their 240 and 241 models are superior to the Unity but all we see id Dean over here and Dean over there.

As for doing the job myself, I'm do not have the expertise to drill on the roof of an RV to pass solar wires and avoid leaks later on or know which type of wires are needed when you deal with 3,000+ Watt inverters and lithium-ion battery banks. If you are a mister know-it-all and do all this work on your own then good for you but I don't have time to waste on this, I'll let experts do it.

I knew that most of the RVers are mostly 20 years older than me and that there would be a generation clash here when trying to push RV manufacturers to offer us super modern technologies like solar instead of propane but if I left this forum today, I would have learned a lot anyway because the solar threads are numerous here. Too bad the CH thread is dead because this manufacturer deserves the best spotlight. :thumbup:

Merlin

renotse

I NEVER asked for your help here, nor anybody else.

I knew that most of the RVers are mostly 20 years older than me and that there would be a generation clash here

Merlin
Don't go away mad....just GO AWAY! and don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on the way out.
Your holier-than-thou attitude is pervasive and makes me ill.

PS and stay away from LTV forum as well.

Last edited:

Dingo

Don't go away mad....just GO AWAY! and don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on the way out.

definatey uncalled for , moderators ?

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton

Some of us enjoy Merlin's posts. They are entertaining. He is not hurting anyone.

HowardB

Some people take posts and threads so seriously that it's scary. Merlin creates his posts and you can either choose to read and respond or read and not respond or just don't read at all. Threads are like carnival rides and some are great, some are fun, some you tried once and will never go on again and some you just look at at just walk by.
No reason to hate. The guy has dreams he is chasing. He is obviously not some retired old fool driving around in a RV. He is either for real or a poser. Either way no harm no foul IMHO

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

The guy has dreams he is chasing.
Dreams?? :wtf:

There are NOT dreams, there are GOALS.

Goal: A dream with a list of steps.

He is obviously not some retired old fool driving around in a RV. He is either for real or a poser.
Nope, I'm no old timer that's for sure. :laughing:

Of course I'm the real deal, who would be loser enough to come here and invent something so lame as RVing. I mean this ain't a Ferrari or Learjet website for Christ's sake!!!

Merlin

Last edited:
M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

Merlin, your search is over! Just hire these two to build it, and you can "have it your way"!

Their rig certainly is a residential RV!:lol:
:lol::lol:

Damn, they beat me to the punch. :cry:

Anyway, REALLY cool house, a bit too big for my taste though. Now I just gotta convince Dean to offer this castle option for 2016.

I WANT MY YIN YANG TOILET DAMNIT. :bash:

Merlin

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

Merlin,

What was the final status with Coach House? Did Steve agree to doing some mods?
Dear Richard:

We appreciate you looking into the importation of our Platinum II Mercedes motor homes and your continued interest. Unfortunately we are so busy that we will have put this in the red zone and pass on your request. We are just not interested in custom building a single unit. It takes, engineering, people, time, and additional costs which needs to be focused on our current production shortage. Thank you and we wish you luck in your venture.

Sincerely,

Steve Gerzeny
Vice President
Coach House, Inc.

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

Now I could still order their "standard" 240 or 241 and then make all the mods in other companies like Advanced RV but after seeing the new 2015.5 Murphy Bed Unity and being told by my dealer that another guy did a conversion and couldn't get it inside Canada, that scared me a bit so might as well stick with good ol' "Made in Canada" LTV RVs.

Merlin

Top Bottom