coolant missing

4214643a

I have a 2014 Sprinter 3500. No problems the first 5,000 miles. The low engine coolant light came on dash, the coolant was down to the minimum in the overflow tank. Added up to the maximum, which took very little and now 600 miles later add coolant light came on again. I made a visual check of driveway and under hood connections and saw no coolant. Where is it going? Leaking head gasket? Anyone else ever have this problem? Any suggestions would be very helpful before I take it to a dealer.

lindenengineering

Don't fanny about with it!
I presume its under warranty so let the dealer fix it to your satisfaction.
You have paid for the warranty support, use it!
Best of luck
Dennis

co-kid

2021 Sprinter 3500XD, I4 on order
Do you have an Espar or similar auxiliary heater? i had a similar problem on my 2014 3500 and found that one of the fittings on the hose leading to/from my Espar had a very slight leak. Not enough to puddle under the van but would seep when the pressure built up while driving. I found a wet fitting by tracing the hoses from the engine compartment. Repositioning and tightening the clamp solved the problem.

4214643a

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. I took it to the Mercedes dealer in Tampa, they gave it to their Sprinter man right away and he said he pressurized the system and had a slight drip at the lower radiator hose. He said he reclamped it and everything is fine. Thanks again.

Don

Top Bottom