Newbie question

• Thread starter MerlinTheTraderRVer
  • Start date

MotorCity57

We decided on the 240 DT. We saw a 241 DQ (dinette/queen bed) model while we were there that had the slideout. I checked the OCCC sticker on that unit and the load capacity was 940 lbs. of which 255 lbs would be used up by a full fresh water tank. I figured this was pretty close to the capacity of a 241 DT (dinette/twin bed) that we were considering. In the end we decided the "luxury" of having the slideout wasn't justified by the extra weight of the slideout (350 lbs.). Also, the headroom in the dinette is limited by the slideout - I only had an inch or two of clearance while sitting at the dinette. Without the slideout there is more headroom.
Keep in mind that we're not the type to park in a campground for a week, so the extra interior room is not as important to us. We do more cruising than camping. Also, I intend to do some towing, so the weight is more of a concern.
One thing I have learned about buying an RV is that you have to make trade-offs. This was an example.
John

Fastpaddler2

Fastpaddler2
It looks like that I'm dropping LTV to go with Coach House but I still need to know if they are flexible enough to add or remove this and that.

If they like doing modifications then I'm in, I might even bring 2-3 orders with me on top of that when I go there with some friends who also are looking for a new RV.

Here's a basic question for you.

I think that the Onan generator now takes its fuel from the propane gas tank but do you think it would be possible to go with a diesel generator so that the generator would take its fuel from the diesel gas tank instead so that I can remove the whole propane tank and assembly and replace it with 4-6 lithium-ion batteries, a 3000W inverter and induction cooktop like they do on the Roadtrek E-trek and show here in this screenshot taken form their website?

Anyone going to Coach House HQ soon and ask them this?

Then again, I can always send them and email and I probably will. :smirk:

Merlin
So you are "dropping LTV" and going with Coach House, which is great IMHO. But, what was wrong with LTV as I will have to use them probably here in Canada because I cannot get a Coach House unit in compliance, I gather, here.
AL:thinking:

chromisdesigns

So you are "dropping LTV" and going with Coach House, which is great IMHO. But, what was wrong with LTV as I will have to use them probably here in Canada because I cannot get a Coach House unit in compliance, I gather, here.
AL:thinking:
Don't pay any attention to Merlin's posts, they were part of an extended troll or, possibly, a kid playing with his parents computer for a while.

mthursby

We take ownership of our new 241XL-DT in June, and they (CH) were quite willing to add features to our coach that we requested. I does cost money (not a problem) but they are very flexible on final configuration. The weight difference for the batteries over the fuel tank and fuel will be a consideration. Do you plan to charge the batteries from the engine, or Solar or both?

Top Bottom