Audio 15 head unit reference

My question about the radio is am i voiding my warranty on a 2015 by adding amps and speakers. I'm coming from an 04 and have 6 6x9's and two 12" subs. Sure do miss them as the new radio really stinks

My question about the radio is am i voiding my warranty on a 2015 by adding amps and speakers. I'm coming from an 04 and have 6 6x9's and two 12" subs. Sure do miss them as the new radio really stinks

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
No, no, NO! You cannot "void your warranty" merely by adding aftermarket equipment of any kind. It is the law in the US. Of course, if you break something by doing so, that's on you.

Coming of off your regular speaker wires you can connect a line out converter. On the other end of this are rca Jacks to connect to your amp. By the way, I found a definitive answer to my original question concerning factory warranty if I add amps. As well as using after market parts. Check out the magnuson moss warranty act

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
By the way, I found a definitive answer to my original question concerning factory warranty if I add amps. As well as using after market parts. Check out the magnuson moss warranty act
Yes, that is the law I was referring to. Sorry, I should have mentioned it by name. Getting people to understand that you can't "void the warranty" is a hobby horse of mine.

hunde

I'm about to install a pretty massive system in my '14 crew with all audison hardware, keeping the audio15 for now, migrating to ipad as HU, and this is all first run "proof of concept". So audio15 will run speaker level into an audison bit one processor, as well as a bit play hi-res media storage player. Via CAT6, processed audio is digitally passed to an AV5.1k amp - 5 channels: two "class a" for mid / tweets, 2 A/B for midbass, and 1 600w (up to 1000w with lower impedance or multiple subs), supplemented by a 1.5 farad capacitor. Aside from amp, all other gear will run off a Rowe Electronics http://pdm60.com/ power management system.

Speakers are Dynaudio tweets and 3.5" dome mids in pods on dash or molded into a-pillar, 8" dyn midbass drivers in smallish angled upward boxes in front of seat pedestals, and many subs to choose from: 2 10" eclipse, 2 12" AVI SL300 in different types of enclosures, or one audison AV12 12" in 1 cu ft sealed box - likely they will be under bench seat facing rearward.

ipad will eventually control media server with their app, do navigation and run a real-time diagnostics app. Am also adding an aux battery with all the MB parts, using a Bosch AGM.

Various parts of this have worked in other vehicles and on the bench but never fully deployed. Should be fun!

I'll do a thread on it when underway...

spoke

Were you able to identify the front left and right spk wires?
:thinking:what is the color code for L+ L-, R+ R-?
I need to install a converter for RCA cable to sub-woofer amp and could use a little help identifying the speaker wires on Audio 15, 2015 Sprinter Crew that only has front speakers.

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
The note at the end of that page is interesting. It confirms that the dealer is theoretically capable of activating the rear speaker outputs. Has anybody succeeded in getting their dealer to do this?

KentuckyWR

The note at the end of that page is interesting. It confirms that the dealer is theoretically capable of activating the rear speaker outputs. Has anybody succeeded in getting their dealer to do this?
No. But I'm going to ask about it when I take mine in for another issue.

Inertiaman

The note implies that there are rear speaker wires/connectors already in place, but the head unit display/control simply hasn't been "activated" for the fader function. This wouldn't help you if you have a front-only head unit which lacks any physical wiring connections for rear speakers, which I perceive to be the normal case for many/most Audio 15 installations in cargos and crews.

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
The note implies that there are rear speaker wires/connectors already in place, but the head unit display/control simply hasn't been "activated" for the fader function. This wouldn't help you if you have a front-only head unit which lacks any physical wiring connections for rear speakers, which I perceive to be the normal case for many/most Audio 15 installations in cargos and crews.
That is true. However, as you can see in the photographs shown in message #2 of this thread, at least in my case, the pins for the rear speakers are definitely present, even though I have no rear speakers, fade control, or wiring in the mating vehicle connector. It is of course possible that these pins are not connected internally, but I would bet otherwise. My guess is that all Audio 15s are the same except for programming. Could be wrong, of course.

Last edited:

Norwest

Hi,

Anyone know where the front woofer, tweeted and dual coil dash speaker wires junction? There are several junction busses under dash on passenger side but I do not see the color coding for speaker wires described in this post.

Thanks,
Norwest

Appy

I've just got a new sprinter and want to replace the factory speakers but don't want be cutting or drilling anything just want a straight swop. Do you have the sizes of the speakers or recommend a set that will fit. Also what is the voice coil for.

KentuckyWR

Get the door speaker adapters from Hein and use 6.5 or 6.75 inch speakers. The center dash speaker is actually only 3" and has a dual voice coil. Just unhook it. You can fit several models of 1" or smaller tweeters in the two dashboard openings. It is easy to get the off the dashboard grills just be careful. Lots of options on the forum if you search. I upgraded mine and absolutely nothing is visible . . . looks stock but doesn't sound that way!

Top Bottom