05 forest river: filling water storage tank

kenj356

I have a difficult time filling the water storage tank on my 05 Forest River MB Cruiser. The water goes in OK for a short time and then the tank backs-up out of the inlet and "burps" out some air. After the "burp" I can fill it again briefly but the same thing happens. It seems like the storage tank is not vented properly. Is there a vent that needs to be opened when filling the storage tank? Has anybody else experienced and solved this problem?

mbcruiser

05 Sprinter/06 MB Cruiser
I believe the tank's venting is basically out of the inlet tube that you're pouring the water into.
I get the same thing when I put too much of a hose stream of H2O into the filler tube at one time.... if I just reduce the flow a little, no burping. I don't think venting of the tank has anything to do with this issue. If the tank was vented via some other means, I don't think anything would change. I think it's just too much water trying to pass through the inlet tube at one time. Basically too much flow for the size of the pipe. But I'm open to contrarian opinions.:thinking:

On my 2004 there is a small vent just above the filling neck. There is a spring loaded one way valve behind the vent opening. Occasionally it sticks and makes it very slow to fill. Just press on it with the end of a pen or screwdriver and unstick it.

You can't see this vent until you bend over and look up above the fill neck.

wendelltu

Mine Fills really easy and quick. I always use an inline water filter and a 6" hose with a spring on it that comes with the one from walmart. This setup seems to go in the filler and give it just the right angle to not backpressure when filling. If you are having ongoing issues check that vent above the filler mentioned above. Pretty sure there is a separate vent hose on that leading to the tank..

That being said has anyone increased the size of the fresh water tank. This is on my to do list and was wondering if anyone has had any success with this.

Top Bottom