bad torque converter ?/ help

loyislong

I just bought a 2005 dodge sprinter cargo van ,it runs great ,starts stops , shifts , ect, but there is a strange, minor vibration @ about 35 miles an hour .My friend says to service tranny asap -and suspects it is maybe the torque converter .So my question is....is there a way of knowing or a test to convince me this is the problem ? thanks

Rob S

2018 Navion 24G IQ on 2016 Sprinter
If not wheel balance, then Driveshaft carrier bearing more likely, I think

Geoff_Glenn

2005 Dodge Sprinter 118''
Ask abittenbinder about it, quite a few t1n's have it, look up 'rumble strip noise'

Mine had it bad and i got his DARF kit and its smooth as silk now... Except for the cargo leaf springs in an empty van, but thats another matter entirely :D

2005 Dodge Sprinter 118" 2.7L
Turbo Short Top

SILVERSTARTRANS

Silver Star Transmission
We don't like the DARF because you loose to much fuel mileage. We do transmissions for FedEx Express and tested that way of getting rid of RSN. We found it worked but lost up to 3MPG on fuel. Exceptionable for FedEx. You can service the trans and put in two bottles of Mopar part # 04318060AB. This additive will help but is not a permanent fix. This is a spring kit for the converter and a valve body modification that would a permanent fix. Mercedes- Benz said they never had a problem. BS. We sent our spring kits all over the world. This was and is a world wide problem. It took us a long time to figure out problem. Hope this helped. Don Silver Star Transmission

manxtony

Just replaced the driveshaft steady bearing, it began with a small whine and what sounded like wind coming the side of the doors. It than started as quelling noise from take off to 20mph. I replaced the unit in 40min and not a noise since... I checked bearing for play etc and found nothing. It appeared solid.

We don't like the DARF because you loose to much fuel mileage. We do transmissions for FedEx Express and tested that way of getting rid of RSN. We found it worked but lost up to 3MPG on fuel. Exceptionable for FedEx. You can service the trans and put in two bottles of Mopar part # 04318060AB. This additive will help but is not a permanent fix. This is a spring kit for the converter and a valve body modification that would a permanent fix. Mercedes- Benz said they never had a problem. BS. We sent our spring kits all over the world. This was and is a world wide problem. It took us a long time to figure out problem. Hope this helped. Don Silver Star Transmission
Hi Don- do you have a link or more description of the spring kit you refer to above?

Top Bottom