dashboard light show after multifunction switch replacement

skyeg3

After the turn signals stopped working on my 05, we replaced the multifunction switch using hulagun’s instructions here:

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23079

The turn signals worked after install but the SRS light on the dashboard came on. After a half block of driving the ABS, ESP and (TRACTION CONTROL MALFUNCTION INDICATOR) lights also came on. Using a generic scanner from a friend we were able to clear the srs light but the other three remain on. How can I get these other lights off and can it be done with a dad? Or do I need to track down a drb3?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

hulagun

Haulin' A** since 1974
Hi guys, glad you could follow my instructions. Interestingly my van currently has all the same lights showing. It had them before I replaced my MFS though. I was certain that it was due to a bad brake sensor on the right rear wheel because a DAD scan showed a code indicating so. But now I'm wondering if all those lights are due to something else....

:popcorn:

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
...Using a generic scanner from a friend we were able to clear the srs light but the other three remain on.
That surprises me because most generic scan tools won't access the proper K-line for SRS, TCM, ABS, and other non-engine related systems.

150aOBDII.jpg

How can I get these other lights off and can it be done with a dad? Or do I need to track down a drb3?

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Is the shift lever locked? Do your brake lights work? Maybe the brake fuse opened during the process of your parts changing repair. It should be Fuse #5 under the column. Worth checking anyway. vic

Top Bottom