Sprinter day camper (in progress)

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Seek,
The jug is a 5gal surplus lab jug. It had a 1/2 female thread in the cap.
I believe this is it at www.usplastics.com (looking at the small jug the lid appears to have the female thead in the cap)

The fittings are cheap quick disconnect fittings for garden hoses from Sears (i believe "Companion" brand).
The drain assembly is from a bathtub drain hookup kit at Lowes.
I glued a 3/4" threaded reducer bushing into the bathtub fitting.
The reinforced hose and the 3/4" hose barbs on each end are from Home Depot.
The sink is a stainless bowel from the kitchen ;-)

...soooo what are you making? ;-)

Cheers
George

sikwan

06 Tin Can
The jug is a 5gal surplus lab jug. It had a 1/2 female thread in the cap.
I believe this is it at www.usplastics.com (looking at the small jug the lid appears to have the female thead in the cap)
Thanks George. I didn't know the cap was threaded.

I bought a couple of these jugs...

http://www.igloocoolers.com/products/Beverage/FullSizeBeverage/179

...I mainly chose them for their dimensions so I can put them side-by-side. I'm having a heck of a time finding something from Lowes or Home Depot to attach to the cap for the drain. I'm thinking of attaching this...

http://igloocoolers.com/products/FullSize/Accessories/300/

...but that will depend on the size to cap, length restriction, and the space between the jug and the sink. All clearance issues. I think I may pull the one off of my cooler for a test fit. I just thought of using it now.

I think I have an idea on the suction tube for the other container, but that's still up in the air. :idunno:

I have to build this sink contraption/microwave and elevated frame sleeping area in the back of the van for a DC round trip in October. Hope I can get it done.

Thanks again...:thumbup:

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Seek,

Nice juggs! (You were just asking for it! ;-)

My Suggestion:
-Keep the spigot trim to size to fit inside diameter of plastic tubing
-Clamp the plastic tubing to spigot with a pipe clamp
-Add (not pictured) the quick disconnect between the jugg and the hose.

The quick disconnect I used incorporated a shutoff valve that I placed on the sink side to prevent any dripping water when emptying the waste water jugg.

Cheers
George

Attachments

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Seek,

Nice juggs! (You were just asking for it! ;-)
:laughing:

My Suggestion:
-Keep the spigot trim to size to fit inside diameter of plastic tubing
-Clamp the plastic tubing to spigot with a pipe clamp
-Add (not pictured) the quick disconnect between the jugg and the hose.

The quick disconnect I used incorporated a shutoff valve that I placed on the sink side to prevent any dripping water when emptying the waste water jugg.
Thanks for the picture. :lol: I may have to do what you suggested and I do like that shutoff valve that you have. :hmmm:

baker

It's BlueBlack!
What pump are you using for your sink? Are you incorporating heating for hot water as well?

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
What pump are you using for your sink? Are you incorporating heating for hot water as well?

the pump and faucet are a combo by Shurflow

No hot water heating although I have considered running the hot water from the aux heater in to a 6 Gallon water heater with a heat exchanger.

Cheers
George

tekcomp

Live life to the fullest!
My galley installed in the Sprinter:

The doghouse behing the drivers seat has the clean water tank,
the wastewater collects below the sink on the left.

In the center the fridge and microwave are concealed behind a folding door

The hinged aluminum panels on the top are to access the 2 storage compartments behind and above the microwave.

Cheers
George
This is an amazing setup, I started reading about the your T5 seating setup then the cabinet write-up. The seating here in the states, is a tuff find, I can imagine the price to ship such item from Germany. The Cabinet on the other hand looks feasible. How do I go about purchasing this cabinet, this thing looks awesome. Do you work in the field of aluminum cabinet manufacturer? Do you have some type of pape instructions on building such cabinet? Thanks for sharing.

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Al,

just saw your post here, I'm just a regular DIY kinda guy.
I do simple woodworking and discovered that with sharp carbide blades and the proper safety precautions aluminum can be machined almost as easily as wood.

I made multiple drawings and started building a much simpler version of this cabinet.
I was envious of the nice European Vito and T5 camper interiors so I tried to make something similar for my ride...

Most of my aluminum comes from 80/20 and OSH. I bought many of the extrusions in the 80/20 eBay shop.

Cheers
George

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Finally made some good progress...

Gas lift and ball catches on sink lid to reduce rattle and hold the lid open

New side panels & rear speakers with added wall insulation

I still need to cover the outer insulation on the rear lower panels

Cheers
George

Attachments

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Leather covered steering wheel from Germany (I think the same as Opa_R no blue stitching though)

It's the same 390mm wheel as in the MB Viano

Easy install 2 torqx and a 10mm Allen screw (disconnect the battery before fooling with the airbag)

110 Euros, feels great!

Cheers
George

Attachments

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Aux battery replacement:

My original aux batteries were refurbished, $25 each. They lasted almost 4 years with very poor capacity in the last year. so I sourced replacement batteries.

My new batteries are Powersonic 12750 75AH Gel cel batteries. They have nearly identical dimensions although I did have to rework the battery hold-down because of the different terminal configuration.

Cheers
George

Attachments

Colorado_Al

George, Can you describe the wiring and fuses that you use for your aux battery setup?
I have one of those same batteries and I am thinking of adding a second one.
What wire gauge from your alternator to your battery bank, fuse sizes for the alternator run, fuse for between batteries, fuse for the inverter?

Thanks!

Top Bottom