Breaking into a sprinter via remote

PLUMMER

Anyone know if its possible to open a locked sprinter by illegal remote or a master key without setting alarm off.

Today I came out to the van to find van unlocked , all doors, fuel door open and drivers door not closed fully.

I haven't found anything missing and I just topped the tank off the night before, so I only had 7 miles on it. Happened in a high school parking lot and we have to wait for Monday to access cameras. Fuel gauge just a hair under the full line. I could only see my business clipboard,papers and fuel door with obvious tampering. Luckily the check books in the clipboard were all used. Now accounted for.
Now my key fab only works within 20 feet or less so I know it wasn't hit by accident while inside the tournament.

Thanks

PLUMMER

Well I haven't found anything specifically on sprinters, but the police told me some cars can be opened with an electronic device. They only steal what they can easily hide in a jacket or back pack without being noticed. But thanks, I'll keep an eye out for the little green guys......ha aaaa just in case.

MellowYellow

Are you sure when you locked the van that all doors were fully latched?

If any of the doors were closed fully prior to locking, that door will not lock. I've done it before. Get out, preoccupied by something go to shut the door and not quite give it enough of a push and have it shut but not fully latch. Since im such a busy man i had turned to walk away while the door was swinging knowing that it would shut. Hear the door close as walking, hit the fob and hear the sturdy click of the door locks... Im good to go.

Except when I came back to find the drivers door popped out a bit and realized the clicking from the locks i heard was from all the other doors. Doh. It can happen on the sliding door as well, esp if trying to close it uphill.

Just a thought.

wshtb

Are you sure when you locked the van that all doors were fully latched?

If any of the doors were closed fully prior to locking, that door will not lock. I've done it before. Get out, preoccupied by something go to shut the door and not quite give it enough of a push and have it shut but not fully latch. Since im such a busy man i had turned to walk away while the door was swinging knowing that it would shut. Hear the door close as walking, hit the fob and hear the sturdy click of the door locks... Im good to go.

Except when I came back to find the drivers door popped out a bit and realized the clicking from the locks i heard was from all the other doors. Doh. It can happen on the sliding door as well, esp if trying to close it uphill.

Just a thought.
This.

Hypothetical scenario: Door didn't lock. Low life tried to steal "gas" from OP's tank. Realize the mistake, screw the cap back in, but left the fuel door open. Or even better, thief put diesel into gas tank...

Top Bottom