Who traveled the farthest to pick up a Sprinter?

halexh

2003 158" 2500
How about who traveled the farthest to almost pick up a Sprinter :lol:

My first attempt at buying one. I flew out to Boston MA from Fresno CA only to find black death under the cover and rust in all the wrong places. I needed a van though so I went double or nothing and instead of flying back home I flew to Phoenix AZ and got my first Sprinter. I ended up getting lucky and getting a really solid van.

The one I am working with right now I ended up flying from Fresno CA to Little Rock AR and drove it back.

:cheers:

derekhski

I flew from Portland Oregon to Boston Mass, then rode a bus to Dover NH, where the owner picked me up, bought it from him in Maine, South Berwick. Drove the Few miles to the Atlantic Coast to the Hamptons, where I stepped in the Ocean, before Driving down to Boston to pick up a friend that joined me of the drive home. He flew over from Fairbanks AK. We drove, I90 to Chicago, then I80 to SLC and then I84 to Portland. Yes, went a long ways for a sprinter. Bought a 2002 118" Passenger with 187,000 miles on it. Love the super short wheel base, had a great adventure driving the US and eating small (only family own places) all the way across the USA. Would do it again. So I pretty much crossed the entire US for mine, short some 130 miles +/-. I hope others find happiness in their Van, We are making happy times weekly.

added a few pictures from the trip, Freedom Rock, Oregon Trail, MY AK friend banging out a tune on his Pipes in Penn State, and my most special Passenger.....

Attachments

Last edited:

SullyVan

2005 T1N Conversion
I flew from Portland Oregon to Boston Mass, then rode a bus to Dover NH, where the owner picked me up, bought it from him in Maine, South Berwick. Drove the Few miles to the Atlantic Coast to the Hamptons, where I stepped in the Ocean, before Driving down to Boston to pick up a friend that joined me of the drive home. He flew over from Fairbanks AK. We drove, I90 to Chicago, then I80 to SLC and then I84 to Portland. Yes, went a long ways for a sprinter. Bought a 2002 118" Passenger with 187,000 miles on it. Love the super short wheel base, had a great adventure driving the US and eating small (only family own places) all the way across the USA. Would do it again. So I pretty much crossed the entire US for mine, short some 130 miles +/-. I hope others find happiness in their Van, We are making happy times weekly.

That's got to be a record!

Make no mistake...., Hampton Beach should never be referred to as "the Hamptons" :lol:

I flew from the area where Derekhski bought his, to Michigan. Then drove it back to Maine and built my entire conversion IN STEALTH MODE, IN A LOWES PARKING LOT, while living in a hotel with the ex wife! :laughing:

We had just sold our last catamaran and moved onto land. We wanted to do land for a little while and build the new boat. So, I built the conversion in the Lowes parking lot. :)

Took me about exactly a month to fly to Michigan, drive back and do the whole converion.

Boender

Bought my 2008 Sprinter in Nashville Tenn. Drove it back to Surrey British Columbia ,Came back via the Grand Canyon then traveled up the coast from L.A. following California 1 and 101 all the way home it was a great trip.

psychoboy

05&06 Dodge Longs & Talls
i only drove about three miles to get mine...:idunno:

found it for sale by owner in a church parking lot down the street from my shop.

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
I bought all my Sprinters on Ebay. The most recent was quite a drive, but it was quite a deal too:

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 7.29.09 AM.png

Perhaps we need to include the time component, none of this "took a tour of the country on the way back" I was 3 days from leaving for the airport to getting to my driveway:

Per Cole, uploaded pics in first 24 hours

IMG_0257.jpg

It took another 6 months to sell the old Sprinter Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser MB. The wife, not so happy then. But once it sold for a profit, she was happier.

Then on vacation the new Sprinter looks like this:

IMG_1183.jpg

-Randy

Last edited:

ECU

Time? I first negotiated with the seller in September. Suggested that I could make the trip at Thanksgiving to pick it up. I was in the neighborhood 12/31 and picked it up.
Wife asked what I wanted for my birthday...(the answer was, Short and Tall) Next day I was driving it home.

chads

Not much to report but I did go 350 miles to get mine.
It is the furthest to pick up a vehicle for me and so far worth it.
I was willing to travel to the corners of the states to get one while I was searching.
I was thinking the trip across the us is on my bucket list and I was willing to do it one way.
Win win in my book.
Chad

glasseye

My trip from SE British Columbia to Phoenix pales compared to some of these epic journeys, but it was sure fun. Frito was worth the trip. He had less than 10k miles.

For those new to the forum:

sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7135

surlyoldbill

1755 miles from CA Bay Area to Austin TX

amrbackup

I drove about 2200 miles from Texas to Calgary, Alberta Canada. Stopped off at Berry Dodge to get cruise control installed on my 2004- 2500 10 passenger shc FL labeled. I bought it off ebay motors, didn't even look at the description very close because when I saw it for the first time I asked where mine was...... and the dealer said this is it..... I thought from the pictures that it was white...... the van was the light grey color. I had flown down to drive it back.... Said OK and off I went after the paperwork was done. A long drive back but what an fun experience. The van was used at Rice university as a student mover, I bought it from a used dealer in New Braunfels, TX

dickknapp

dickknapp
About 900 miles from Prescott, AZ home to Boise, ID in January, as I recall. So cold I was afraid to stop for fear of fuel gelling up! Beautiful trip, though. Van working out well so far - still on my slow conversion, with much help from this forum.
Dick

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
One way plane ride from Sac to San Diego. Oct 08...height of financial panic! Money transfer didnt get through yet...paid with 2 credit cards. First one went through, second denied! DOH. Phone rings and its the credit card company wanting to know about a large purchase. They approve and i drive away. Was the biggest swipe the guy had ever rang up:smilewink:

sureride pic.jpg
spent a couple DAYS polishing out the shadows from the vinyl stickers:bash:

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
I traveled from a small planet located in the Taurus Constellation.

Gore-1.jpg

Last edited:

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Cool, do you have a photo from the trip?

-Randy
We do not have cameras in the '3 dimensional' sense on our planet, so none was afforded. In reality, all is being seen and recorded by a bigger 'Machine'.

The best I can do to show you what the trip 'looked' like and from 'memory', is present you with this image I just drew:

white-light-900-2.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom