Fuel Leak?

I can't post a picture or I would. But I have a fuel leak coming from under a triangle shaped plate with 2 torx screws holding it down.It is on top of the engine right in the front. There is a rounded hump on top that looks like a pump or cover? Sorry I wish I could do a better job of describing? The fuel is leaking down in front and dripping on the Serpentine belt. Any guesses will be appreciated guys?:yell:

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
If you mean the plate behind the black pipe coming out of the round thing on the left, ie top center front of engine , that is the low pressure fuel pump taking diesel out of the tank on an OM612 engine, not the high pressure fuel pump

Attachments

Yes this is the area and the leak is coming out under the plate with the two torx bolts.Is there a gskt there or any way to stop the leak? It runs fine? Also the steel line on the right side of this picture has a small leak also. Thanks a lot for the input I really appreciate it.:bow:

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
I don't know for sure, but I've heard that there are bolts than can come lose on the inner side, ie you must remove the pump to get at the bolts on the other side of it.
Do a search in T1N for" low pressure fuel pump", and you may get more info

Called Andy(Dr.A) Having my HP pump rebuilt by him. THANKS to all who advised. You were a BIG help and this is a big reason we are here!

Top Bottom