2005 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser MB (Radio)

buckeye

I recently looked at a 2005 Vista Cruiser MB Edition G24
The dash board radio was not working. The seller told us that he recently had the battery disconnected and you have to recode the radio for it to work. Is this true or not and if true how do you recode it?

Mercedes Benz diesel sprinter freight liner chassis

Last edited:

sailquik

buckeye,
Yes, it's true, but normally not an issue at all.
The radio code is normally found on a little card in the clear plastic pouch with the other manuals in the
glove box.
You simply follow the instructions and enter the code with the buttons on the radio if I recall.
You would need to do this every time you disconnect the battery.
It's an anti-theft feature.
Hope this helps,
Roger

buckeye

buckeye,
Yes, it's true, but normally not an issue at all.
The radio code is normally found on a little card in the clear plastic pouch with the other manuals in the
glove box.
You simply follow the instructions and enter the code with the buttons on the radio if I recall.
You would need to do this every time you disconnect the battery.
It's an anti-theft feature.
Hope this helps,
Roger
We got the radio code but the radio will not even turn on. We checked flues and they seem to be ok.Any of thing we should check? The next thing? Thank you For your Help!!

swtdir

We replaced the original radio in the Vista MB with a modern Clarion unit with USB, Bluetooth, remote control, etc. I am wondering if anyone has found a method of connecting the dash radio with the 4 surround sound speakers in the areas behind the front seats. How to run wires, transfer switch, etc?

SherriMB

We replaced the original radio in the Vista MB with a modern Clarion unit with USB, Bluetooth, remote control, etc. I am wondering if anyone has found a method of connecting the dash radio with the 4 surround sound speakers in the areas behind the front seats. How to run wires, transfer switch, etc?
I would like to replace the radio in my sprinter. Can you share the link to the radio you used? Thanks!

SherriMB

I would like to have any information you have on the replacement radio. I would really like to replace mine so I can have all the features you mentioned but also a working radio. If you have a link to it, that would be great! Thanks!

mbcruiser

05 Sprinter/06 MB Cruiser
I would like to have any information you have on the replacement radio. I would really like to replace mine so I can have all the features you mentioned but also a working radio. If you have a link to it, that would be great! Thanks!
I bought a replacement (Pioneer DEH-X6600BT CD receiver, now discontinued) for my 2006 MB several years ago. Much better than the OEM though Sprinter is still a box. https://www.crutchfield.com/car/outfitmycar/mycar.aspx

Last edited:

Top Bottom