Michelin LTX a/t 2..!

bigmule

All the tire threads got me all fired up...Anyone else running them?

I'm about 60% done with mine and am considering a fresh set. Some time in the next few months, I do truly like the overall handling and wear I have experienced. Also thinking about the M/S version, for longer wear and better fuel economy.

I drive daily and work out of a 02' T1n 140 SHC.

sailquik

bigmule,
If you like the LTX AT's, you will most likely find the LTX MS2's are significantly better.
Better wear qualities, better snow traction....just better!
Hope this helps,
Roger

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
I have the MS2s on my front axle, conti snows on the rear, I am going to put the MS2s all around when the snows wear out.

flman

@flman, how much snow do you see in your parts?

Im north east.

Tanks!
I am NE as well, some times we see it, and sometimes we don't. I only have the Conti snows cause a member on here was selling them like new with wheels and TPMS. For $200 and $100 for Uship, I would have bought them if I lived in the desert.

TimToolMan

Good one flman. I like it when a post makes me laugh. I could use a good deal like that I need a spare tire for my van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flman

Good one flman. I like it when a post makes me laugh. I could use a good deal like that I need a spare tire for my van.

Tim it is a fact, but if it made you laugh, I am glad to know what I post is not depressing. :smirk:

bigmule

We then, I guess I have vote to go the m/s2 route!

**Scratches chin...looks in wallet...**

Cheers

Edit to add: there fixed it!

Last edited:

TimToolMan

My van came with some heavy duty looking Goodyear tires on it and they were close to new I would say. So I am hoping its close to another couple of years before I have to empty my wallet for some new tires. I am hoping to get the Michelins if I can afford them. My 4x4 truck I had before the van only got about 45,000 miles on a set of tires. Hoping to do much better on the Sprinter.

sailquik

bigmule;
Michelin LTX MS2's.........NOT LTX MS.
Had both, and the MS2's are much improved!
Besides they have quit making the LTX MS so any that you buy would be old stock and should be heavily discounted.
Roger

+drive

I am currently running the LTX A/T2. I had the LTX M/S and was interested in a bit more traction off the pavement. The A/T2's are showing little wear with 45K on them, which is a pleasant surprise.

xlman78

I did 180k already on older version M/S and they still have a tread.
Kinda hard to pull 900$ on a tires, but its worth it no question ask, the best tires you can put on your vehicle-period.

aa9zz

I have an Airstream Interstate 3500 on 2008 Sprinter chassis. I have 30,000 miles on my original tires but I have pretty bad rot. High mileage is not important but I need something that I can feel safe on for another 30K or four to five years, whichever comes first.

My tire dealer suggested four BFG Commercial T/A 215 85 R 16 tires for the rear of my 2010 unit built on a 2008 chassis. Price is $770.00 balanced and out the door.

Will they work for my needs?

sailquik

aa9zz,
Yes, they will work, but if you ever encounter a low traction situation......you will wish you had purchased the Michelin LTX MS2 tires instead.
On a dry paved road, tires are all about the same.
In lowered traction situation....heavy rain, sleet, light snow, patches of ice....the Michelin's will get you going and keep you going.
Only takes one small loss of control due to poor traction to destroy your entire RV and perhaps hurt someone in your vehicle or someone who gets involved in your accident.
Not worth the risk, for my money!
Roger

Last edited:

bkhi

aa9zz,
Yes, they will work, but if you ever encounter a low traction situation......you will wish you had purchased the Michelin LTX MS2 tires instead.
In lowered traction situation....heavy rain, sleet, light snow, patches of ice....the Michelin's will get you going and keep you going.
Only takes on small loss of control due to poor traction to destroy your entire RV and perhaps hurt someone in your vehicle or someone
who gets involved in your accident.
Not worth the risk, for my money!
Roger
I just got mine a month or so ago, what a difference between these and the originals. We have had several storms already and no slipping at all.
The best money I ever spent on tires.

hulagun

Haulin' A** since 1974
aa9zz,
In lowered traction situation....heavy rain, sleet, light snow, patches of ice......
Roger
Don't forget sand, silt, or gravel...

icarus

My OEM Conti's would let me get stuck in my own shadow! Worst tires ever made IMHO. I limped out nearly 40k on them, but they were bald! I only got 40k on a set of Conti's on a light weight Prius! The Michellens have over 100k on them on the Prius. I've got 20 on them on the Sprinter and they look like new.

Icarus

Sprinter808

2006 Dodge 2500
Big thumbs up for the michelin LTX AT2 ! I've been running them for over a year on my 2500 and I am very satisfied with their overall performance. I especially like the way they handle large puddles of water on the highway. They are great in the snow, and the occasional off road use. I recommended them to a friend with a Ford e350 van, and he has had a similar experience.
The only downside is that the more open tread is a bit louder on the highway, but it is not excessive,and I find it an acceptable trade off for the performance.

JAM

I have these on my van. Had em on my gmc savana too. Love em. Just keep em rotated every 6k and they will last a long time. I have close to 50k on mine and they still look great. They do very good in snow and rain.

Top Bottom