Glow Plug Module Part Number/ Type

Andyandyandy

2005 Cargo 2500
I finally pulled out my glow plug module today after gathering the parts to do Surlyoldbill's conversion to external fuses. What I found was a different module; A 648 900 00 00 Q 01. From the little bit of info I could find, it seems to be the second revision, but not the current part. Can anyone confirm whether or not this part has the auto-resetting breakers?

Thank you,
Andy

Andyandyandy

2005 Cargo 2500
I just popped it open for a look; seems like an all solid state device, so I assume it's the resetting one. I guess I'll put it back in and go ahead and change the glow plugs.

bc339

I verified the part number in MB EPC - it shows the same number.

Bruce

Andyandyandy

2005 Cargo 2500
I just changed out two of the three bad plugs indicated by my Scangauge. They came out quite easily, which was a big relief. I searched a lot and couldn't find any info about this module. With new glow plugs installed, do the breakers reset automatically, or do they need to be reset with a DRB-III or DAD?

Andy

surlyoldbill

Visually, the revised module is thinner front to back (the "bottom" being the part that bolts to the chassis).

Andyandyandy

2005 Cargo 2500
Just an update to answer my own question. Last week I changed two more glow plugs and haven't had the CEL come on since. It appears that the module A 648 900 00 00 Q 01 is self-resetting with no outside computer input needed. If you have this module it seems you can just replace the bad plugs and go.

Andy

Top Bottom