I live in a world of coincidence

shortshort

Dis member
I was driving to service call and the lower turbo hose popped off the intercooler. Felt a shudder driving down the expressway and power seemed to drop off. Pulled over and spotted the issue fairly easily (I could hear some "different" noise). 20 minutes later I was back on the road with a freshly tightened hose clamp. I got to the job and the customer asked me how I liked my Sprinter. Apparently his had lost a lot of power and his mechanic told him it must be something electrical. I agreed to take a look. There was electrical tape on the end of his lower turbo hose. Maybe that's what the mechanic meant?

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I once carried out a road side repair to another Sprinter owner's turbo hose comprising of a beer can sourced from the nearest bin, cut open and formed into a repair section then gaffer taped over a split. Some time later - i.e. the following year - he happened to mention it was holding up nicely and that he really ought to get around to buying a new hose!

John484

'06 140 2500 SHC
That's like when race teams state that their car/bike only quit because of a "minor electrical problem". Yeah, the rod came through the case and knocked the alternator off!

lindenengineering

Oh its just the newness wearing out!
Happens to even us 'umans.

As one old and frail wheel chair bound doctor once said to me on a beach in Barbados In his top draw croaky English voice, "For us men its gets us in the legs, first the right then the left, and then the middle one"!
All the time eying a girlfriend who I took with me, a ballet dancer from Covent Garden. He quipped "Fit what--Phoor like a butchers dog"!
Then the old timer's advice:-
By the time you are eighty young man "Nothing bloody well works properly"!
Enjoy while you can !:thumbup:

Dennis

shortshort

Dis member
Oh its just the newness wearing out!
Happens to even us 'umans.

As one old and frail wheel chair bound doctor once said to me on a beach in Barbados In his top draw croaky English voice, "For us men its gets us in the legs, first the right then the left, and then the middle one"!
All the time eying a girlfriend who I took with me, a ballet dancer from Covent Garden. He quipped "Fit what--Phoor like a butchers dog"!
Then the old timer's advice:-
By the time you are eighty young man "Nothing bloody well works properly"!
Enjoy while you can !:thumbup:

Dennis
pics (of the girl) or it didn't happen :)

lindenengineering

Shortshort
Alas poor Yorick I cannot oblige!
That young lady was a girlfriend I lost contact with.

She too has no doubt has also lost the newness I referred to.

The affects of gravity have no doubt set in and various parts of the female anatomy often get wider so the picture would not I am sure stimulate any dormant levels of testosterone you might have! Besides she probably has a slight mustache like a Greek mamma! :smilewink:

Of course in my advancing years having shed the hubris of youth, I try to instill some wisdom to my boys, and wish I knew then what I know now.

Certainly manly mature advise has only cursory reception when I mention that during selection a wife /life time partner try use the right head to be attracted to one that has something substantial and intelligent between her ears not what is between her legs.

But what do I know, I am just a Dad who has lost some newness.:laughing:
Dennis

Top Bottom