Reprogramming the Remotes

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
That's interesting, Seek.

If you let someone play with the remote and they punch a button enough times then the remote is de-programmed. I can see the value of that.

bikerjoe

Yes! Printed out and saved to disk. This will come in very handy! So ALL of the key fobs need to be gathered together in order for this to work? I have four, two with me, one at a friend's, one at mom's. If my fob becomes deprogrammed, it will require about three gallons of diesel to reprogram them! LOL!

david_42

Good info. My SKEEM stopped working in cold weather & I only got two of the fobs re-programmed when the dealer replaced it. They want $120 to do the other two.

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
Good info. My SKEEM stopped working in cold weather & I only got two of the fobs re-programmed when the dealer replaced it. They want $120 to do the other two.
There is misinformation brewing here. I have never attempted this "re-synch" procedure for keys that become "out of synch"-but on USA model Sprinters requiring new keys or a new SKREEM it certainly does NOT take the place of key "re-programming.

If you purchase new keys or if you require a SKREEM module replacement- the ONLY way to reprogram keys (new or existing) is through a dealership.

The dealer will then obtain a coding string (from either the Dealer Connect system or the telephone hotline) and that coding string will be entered manually into the vehicle via DRBIII. Doktor A

kurt

There is misinformation brewing here. I have never attempted this "re-synch" procedure for keys that become "out of synch"-but on USA model Sprinters requiring new keys or a new SKREEM it certainly does NOT take the place of key "re-programming.

If you purchase new keys or if you require a SKREEM module replacement- the ONLY way to reprogram keys (new or existing) is through a dealership.

The dealer will then obtain a coding string (from either the Dealer Connect system or the telephone hotline) and that coding string will be entered manually into the vehicle via DRBIII. Doktor A
"FYI" Just lost one remote key,local keyshop made a new one for$40 (key is not remote) copy and past chip info from the one existing key.However the shop owner (has 4 Sprinters) told me in 6 month he can provide me withe a remote key from a company in Canada for 1/2 MB price.For 2 keys from Germany now including programming at a local dealer $500.

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
"FYI" Just lost one remote key,local keyshop made a new one for$40 (key is not remote) copy and past chip info from the one existing key.However the shop owner (has 4 Sprinters) told me in 6 month he can provide me withe a remote key from a company in Canada for 1/2 MB price.For 2 keys from Germany now including programming at a local dealer $500.
These aftermarket "cloned" keys will not be of value if your SKREEM module needs to be replaced or if a key is lost/stolen and ( because of security concerns) you need to reprogram all your existing keys. Doktor A

nebep

...some perspective from a locksmith...

Yes, for the flip out style keys - there are two systems represented - the keyless entry and the immobilizer.

The procedure listed is specifically for the remote only - NOT the immobilizer.

The keyless entry is a rolling code system - every time you lock/unlock the vehicle - the remote and the vehicle discuss how they will talk to each other the next 256 times.

GM has been using a system similar to this for some time - this is funny - I have the service manual too and never noticed that paragraph!!

To do the immobilizer - one must have a DRBIII - the proper interface and proper software card - and access to dealerconnect to run the random number and other information.

sikwan,,Many thanks for your response..I read the article you sent,but,I don't see how this would explain my sitsuation??Could you?? Kind Regards,02Sprinter:cheers::bow::thinking::idunno:

Top Bottom