2013 ecu tune

Jchirchirillo

JChirchirillo
Looking for a 2013 ecu tune . Called up renn . Apparently Benz has changed there program in 2013. Renn is now working on a new tune however , not ready yet.Any info on the difference/change?:hmmm:

piper1

Resident Oil Nerd.
I'm not saying this applies to Renntech, but the EPA is going after companies selling tunes that modify the emissions in any way and that has some companies re-thinking whether they want to be in this business so much or be out in open about it. Modifying the emissions is a pretty wide open term...technically...if you add hp you are modifying the emissions (the emission rules are rated in grams/hp/hr). Its gotten kinda quiet. You used to be able to order tunes for domestic diesels from dozens of sources...now most are gone and the rest have nice legal paperwork for customers to sign saying the vehicle is "off road" only. Again...not saying this is whats going on with your situation....

I do know the 2013 GM ECM's are a lot harder to get into than they used to be...they are Bosch as well.

Jchirchirillo

JChirchirillo
MY 2013 has plenty of power. Ive test driven 2012s. My 2013 seems to have quite a bit more gitty-up . Therefore Im not looking for TQ/HP . But would like the 82MPH wall deleted. Anyway Ren---- is working on a NEW 2013 Program now . I have 200 miles on her today @ 1000mile break in hopefully Renn should be ready. I really dont by that whole EPA scare tactic. They said the same thing about banning 2stroke motors and there on the way back.

piper1

Resident Oil Nerd.
. .....I really dont by that whole EPA scare tactic... .
Maybe...but they are going after companies.

http://www.epa.gov/enforcement/air/cases/edgeproducts.html

This isn't the only one either.

Hopefully, along with the increased power you feel in the '13 model year, they have also improved the reliability of the emission systems and the fuel economy loss they caused....that would put an end to most of the desire for people to turn that stuff off.

Yes, they are going after companies that tune for DPF and EGR deletes. That is what the article above is about. A simple tune that leaves the emission controls alone is not a problem. A tuned vehicle that goes for an emission test will not have any issue passing if the DPF and EGR are left operational.

JN3n

The op stated that he wanted to remove the speed limiter... So do I .
What do we do ? How and Who ?
I don't give a hoot about all the regulations just let me pass a few semi's on a two lane road without the f'ing van staying at 82mph... I really don't like trying to dive between a couple of semi's on a two lane road...
I would buy an AMG sprinter if Mercedes made one . :bounce:

JN3n

I have owned many Savana's . 6.0 being one of the best. The 5.3 with AWD was my alltime favorite GMC.

Mercedes vans in the USA kind of suck . No aftermarket , no cool upgrades like awd and no Vito sized vans .
Yes I own a Sprinter and enjoy it but might look at something else if the 2014 is not quite a bit better.

Oh Yeah , Still no reply how to get the speed limiter removed or moved up to around 95mph.

slsbl77

Renntech can remove the speed limiter as part of their tune. They will not remove the speed limiter only.
Bob

Jchirchirillo

JChirchirillo
Maybe...but they are going after companies.

http://www.epa.gov/enforcement/air/cases/edgeproducts.html

This isn't the only one either.

Hopefully, along with the increased power you feel in the '13 model year, they have also improved the reliability of the emission systems and the fuel economy loss they caused....that would put an end to most of the desire for people to turn that stuff off.
Looks like to spite there slap on the rist there still at it -http://www.edgeproducts.com/ :popcorn:

JN3n

Renntech can remove the speed limiter as part of their tune. They will not remove the speed limiter only.
Bob

Thanks Bob. I will just step up and get it done. I tried to get Malone to do a tune but they don't have time for any more projects.

piper1

Resident Oil Nerd.
They still sell some stuff yes, and a lot of what they used to sell is gone. The paragraph below is from their website on a new page that talks about rules..

"Nationwide, the Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has similar requirements for emissions-related specialty aftermarket parts. Generally, parts that have been issued a CARB E.O. are acceptable by the EPA, inasmuch as CA emissions standards are typically more stringent than Federal standards. Regardless of from which perspective the CARB or EPA may be viewed, the installation of an emissions-related part or system not supported by a CARB E.O. is considered a violation of the “tampering” provisions in both the CA Vehicle Code and Federal Clean Air Act. Parts with a CARB E.O. are exempt from these provisions and clearly the safest choice for consumers."

"We are currently testing products to become compliant. This page will be updated as applications move to the next stages of the CARB and E.O. process."

As of now, only their gas engine tuning stuff is compliant. The entire 'Edge Race" line had to be discontinued...it was the stuff that really let you open things up.

Either way...good luck and have fun going fast.

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
buy the tune.

I have owned many Savana's . 6.0 being one of the best. The 5.3 with AWD was my alltime favorite GMC.
Mercedes vans in the USA kind of suck . No aftermarket , no cool upgrades like awd and no Vito sized vans .
Yes I own a Sprinter and enjoy it but might look at something else if the 2014 is not quite a bit better.
Oh Yeah , Still no reply how to get the speed limiter removed or moved up to around 95mph.
Spend the money with Renntech and cry once.
No issues with dealers, carb or the epa after almost 6 years.
The aftermarket is full of parts that can work for Sprinters with some tweaking.

siswati

My 2012 Sprinter is a completely different animal after the Renntech ECU tune - Expensive but totally worth it IMHO . Dyno results from Renntech's own Sprinter show around +100HP and +120TQ. As you can imagine this really transforms the vehicle. Speed limiter is gone. Smoothly accelerates past 110mph with plenty left, but with the aerodynamics of a brick it aint going to go much faster than that.

Top Bottom