Glove box removal and Fan Blower Motor oiling

Cadillac_demille

This is an amazing amount of useful information. I am really hoping this is what my issues are. Coming out of -23 degrees C weather, and I have no blower fan. Going to to try this out, and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks WindTrackMind!

Crew chief

Mine never did squeak, but won't run, is it motor, or the controller? All lights light up at switch, but no run. 08 chassis, 120,000 miles. Thanks

kazozako

This answer is late , but for the record.. 07-09 had the problem with the brushes design/material ground off till there is poor or no contact with rotor. When treated immediately as posted with lubricant to reduce drag they get extra life but eventually will fail, usually in winter when you need it most. Replacement is easy as described and they are on E-Bay for around $50.00.

12 legs sprinting

Great info, thanks. this advice saved me $220 I was ready to buy a used blowers fan. Getting to the rear bearing was the key, now works without squeaking. Cheers David

BobSgt

This post is the gift that keeps on giving. It made removal a snap and my fan is working now that is lubricated. I used Blaster spray silicon and it worked great. Thank you for the details and photos

campskunk

rather than nurse an old motor along i just put in a new one. i got a VDO motor from Rockauto for $35, and found out why it was so cheap - it had previously been installed by someone who broke off two tabs, one on the housing and another on the electrical connector, and then returned it. once i repaired my brand new part, it installed easily and has been working flawlessly for the last two years. https://rvlifestyle.com/replacing-the-sprinter-blower-fan/

jk98843

WindTrackMind is my hero! Thanks so much for taking the time to post the step by step instructions with the marked up pictures. Today I troubleshot my blower motor, removed it, lubed it, and reinstalled it. I didn’t have any leftover parts and it works like new. Now I might have enough courage to attempt to install a new serpentine belt.

Top Bottom