House charger location on Citation Sprinter 24SA?

dirtyguy

Does anyone know where the house charger /converter is located on the Thor Citation Chateau Sprinter 24SA?
I'm planning to replace it with an inverter/charger and can't seem to find it.

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
Does anyone know where the house charger /converter is located on the Thor Citation Chateau Sprinter 24SA?
I'm planning to replace it with an inverter/charger and can't seem to find it.
Don't know for sure, but it should be behind where all the fuses are located. It typically is a metal brown box with a piano hinge to open the top part revealing circuit breakers and fuses for the coach side of things... Al

jgoodn

As a related question, I am looking for the Battery isolation controller on my 2011 Four Winds Siesta / Freightliner sprinter.
My coach batteries do not charge from the alternator with the engine running. They only charge from external 110 VAC and the generator. According to the Four Winds Siesta manual the Battery isolation controller automatically performs this function. Where is it and does it have an on/off switch or could it be missing or defective?

thomasd923

my 2011 charges off the alternator. The battery isolator to charge off the converter is behind the fuse/charging panel aside the drawers (brown plastic). It won't charge unless you connect the coach batteries via the rocker switch

Mailman1044

So. Is it possible to make the house batteries charge off the engine alternator?

Sure would be nice. I was really surprised to find the 2015 i just bought didn't charge when driving.

Thanks

Hooligan2

Mailman- You have responded to a post from 2016... But welcome..

I have a Thor Siesta 24ST- The Coach batteries are charged by the converter when plugged into the 120 volt. They should also be charged by the alternator when the engine is running. Check the USE/STORE switch , usually in the step well.
The chassis battery is usually not charged when on shore power.

I believe the Winnebago Sprinter models are wired differently and do charge the engine battery on shore power.

Mailman1044

Thank you for your response. I'll see what I can figure out.
I'm pretty sure the alternator isn't charging the house batteries.

I have a Thor Siesta 24ST- The Coach batteries are charged by the converter when plugged into the 120 volt. They should also be charged by the alternator when the engine is running. Check the USE/STORE switch , usually in the step well.

I believe the Winnebago Sprinter models are wired differently and do charge the engine battery on shore power.

Hooligan2

Check the use/store switch.. If it is off the coach batteries are not connected.. at all... Easy check with engine off and you are not plugged in to shore tie do your 12 volt coach cabin lights work. They won't if use/store is off..

kylecm

You are correct. Unfortunately, the Thor Siestas chassis battery will only be charged from the chassis alternator. If the chassis battery is dead there is no way to charge it from the coach. I keep a 20' set of jumper cables just in case I need to jump the chassis from the coach.

The alternator will charge the coach batteries through the Isolator Solenoid (I think mine is under the driver's seat).

Top Bottom